Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
"Where every detail is finely crafted and made just exquisite.
And the process by which it's manufactured and the level of tolerances unseen in our industry" - Phil Schiller (iPad mini event)

"Absolutely remarkable levels of fit and finish" ... Jony Ive (iPad mini video)

Just saying....

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Looks like Apples quality control is starting to seriously drop.

Cant believe some people would accept the device with a defect just because its apple! If ive paid any kind of money for a device, I expect it to be in pristine condition and fir for purpose, unless I was advised about the defects at the point of sale and offered a discount.

Guess thats the joy of living in the UK with the Sales of Goods Act.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

Cant believe some people would accept the device with a defect just because its apple! If ive paid any kind of money for a device, I expect it to be in pristine condition and fir for purpose, unless I was advised about the defects at the point of sale and offered a discount.

Starting to? It's been a pretty prevalent downward spiral since the switch to Intel.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012

Yes, two threads from anonymous people on the Internet spells doom for Apple.

Hyperbole, anyone?

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Yes, two threads from anonymous people on the Internet spells doom for Apple.

Hyperbole, anyone?

Because everyone that reports a defect with their idevice is a lyer? Im guessing this is what they call blind loyalty.

Ive seen plenty of threads/articles all over the internet reporting that apples quality control has slipped recently.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Because everyone that reports a defect with their idevice is a lyer? Im guessing this is what they call blind loyalty.

Ive seen plenty of threads/articles all over the internet reporting that apples quality control has slipped recently.

I stand corrected. Two threads on MR is one thing, but 'plenty of threads' and not just on MR, but 'all over the internet', is all the proof I need.

My iPad4 and 2 Minis are clearly the exception.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
I stand corrected. Two threads on MR is one thing, but 'plenty of threads' and not just on MR, but 'all over the internet', is all the proof I need.

My iPad4 and 2 Minis are clearly the exception.

Are you deliberately trying to be awkard? Just because your two devices are defect free, dosent mean everyone has been as lucky.

There maybe 2 threads on MR, but how many people within those threads have reported defects?

Google "Apple defects" "Apple Quality Control" and see for yourself.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Are you deliberately trying to be awkard? Just because your two devices are defect free, dosent mean everyone has been as lucky.

There maybe 2 threads on MR, but how many people within those threads have reported defects?

Google "Apple defects" "Apple Quality Control" and see for yourself.

My iPad mini was perfect out of the box. No one I know has had an issue with their iPad mini (or regular). The OP must have had really terrible luck to get 9 defective ones in a row (or he's exaggerating, which is more likely).

And by the way, a handful of defective units out of millions sold is normal for any product, its not a quality control issue.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
My iPad mini was perfect out of the box. No one I know has had an issue with their iPad mini (or regular). The OP must have had really terrible luck to get 9 defective ones in a row (or he's exaggerating, which is more likely).

And by the way, a handful of defective units out of millions sold is normal for any product, its not a quality control issue.

You obviously have big hands....

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK

Ah my mistake. If you have a defect free device it means no one can possibly have any issues with their.

Might want to take those rose tinted glasses off - Its hardly a handful. Its exactly the same as the people that dont believe the iphone 5 has dents and nicks upon opening.

Absolute blind loyalty. :rolleyes:

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
You obviously have big hands....
Ah my mistake. If you have a defect free device it means no one can possibly have any issues with their.

Might want to take those rose tinted glasses off - Its hardly a handful. Its exactly the same as the people that dont believe the iphone 5 has dents and nicks upon opening.

Absolute blind loyalty. :rolleyes:

Well, what percentage are you talking about? Are 50% defective? 20%? 10%? Please elaborate.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Thanks for proving just how juvenile you are.

:confused: Hows that juvenile? You asked me to prove how many are defective and in return I asked you to prove how many are effective.

Only apple have these figures! Just proving what a silly question you asked.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
:confused: Hows that juvenile? You asked me to prove how many are defective and in return I asked you to prove how many are effective.

Only apple have these figures! Just proving what a silly question you asked.
Dude, if you don't know how many are actually defective, your argument has no ground to stand on. How can you say there's an issue with quality control if you don't know whether there's a problem with 1 in 1000 or 999 in 1000?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Dude, if you don't know how many are actually defective, your argument has no ground to stand on. How can you say there's an issue with quality control if you don't know whether there's a problem with 1 in 1000 or 999 in 1000?

Well I had 2 out of 4 that had issues. So to me that's a 50% defect rate. I don't give a toss about the real figures.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK

Ive seen numerous people all over the net report about defects from forums to tech blogs. To me that indicates theres some kind of quality control issue.

As I said earlier, only apple have the official figures as to how many defective products they released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.