Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
With the iPad 2 I always used landscape mode because the words were easier to read as opposed to portrait mode where they were smaller and not as clear. But now with the New iPad and the retina display, I find myself being able to use portrait mode and enjoying it. I still like landscape mode, but certain positions like laying down for example I now prefer portrait mode. Man I love my New iPad. :D

So, what do you guys prefer?

callea

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
Italy
I prefer portrait mode except for video.

Portrait mode is the way to go for documents reading and web browsing.

I was waiting Retina display on iPad for this specific reason.

All paper documents, books, magazines pages are all in portrait mode not landscape.

If you prefer landscape mode on iPad is because you have iPad 1 or 2...

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Portrait mode:
- reading apps
- legacy iPhone apps
- some apps which only use portrait, i.e., Doodle Jump HD and Boost Magic
- Pages
- alarm clock

Landscape mode:
- web browsing
- Numbers
- Keynote
- note taking
- photos/videos/movies
- GPS
- calendar
- calculator
- ... basically everything else... :p

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
With the iPad 2 I always used landscape mode because the words were easier to read as opposed to portrait mode where they were smaller and not as clear. But now with the New iPad and the retina display, I find myself being able to use portrait mode and enjoying it. I still like landscape mode, but certain positions like laying down for example I now prefer portrait mode. Man I love my New iPad. :D

So, what do you guys prefer?

Portrait mode most of the time. I use landscape only when it's on a table, watching a movie, or playing a game that requires it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.