Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
Cant find it...was recommending to a few friends who got their first ipads for Christmas, and its not available?

Any other comparable apps you recommend?

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
It was pulled because it didn't play by the new rules...

"Apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected."

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
It was pulled because it didn't play by the new rules...

"Apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected."

What a silly move by apple eh? the appshopper app is the one reason I have purchased so many apps in the first place, granted usually at a reduced price, but ones I would not have purchased otherwise.

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
What a silly move by apple eh? the appshopper app is the one reason I have purchased so many apps in the first place, granted usually at a reduced price, but ones I would not have purchased otherwise.

Same here. I agree. i am not sure why Appshopper was singled out though. There are several apps that are similar that could be pulled from the app store for the same reason.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011

Really agree with this.

As stated in the post above, the version I already have is still working - I hope it stays that way.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Same here. I agree. i am not sure why Appshopper was singled out though. There are several apps that are similar that could be pulled from the app store for the same reason.

It was apparently singled out because the UI was copying the App Store which is a no no.

If they change the UI then it should be allows back in

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.