Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcmxa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
ABQ
Hello,

I have looked around a bit, but can't seem to find the answer to this. I am running an iPod Touch 4G jailbroken on 5.1.1 (jalbroke with RedSnow). I Jailbroke it to add an Apple Peel (Coming T188). Everything is working fine (which means of course that I need to mess with it). In particular I am trying to reset the default dialer and messaging apps. In Cydia, I have found ways to make Google Voice options show up when placing a call from Safari or Contacts. This is what I want to do, except instead of Google Voice, use the iSkyPhone dialer (called LNDial.app) when clicking on a telephone number in MobileSafari or Contacts.

Clearly this must be possible since you can get an tweak that will change the default options for the dialer app (and also for music and a few others). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is this a matter of changing a couple of settings in a plist or strings file? I am fairly comfortable using iExplorer to manually mod things, and have Xcode.

Anyway, thanks for any help!

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
GV extension would do this for Google Voice. I don't remember hearing of another tweak for any other service/ app. Maybe someone else will chime in.

pcmxa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
ABQ
GV extension would do this for Google Voice. I don't remember hearing of another tweak for any other service/ app. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I am hoping someone might know what GV extender tweaks in order to make it work. If it is plists it might then also work for other dialer apps. Looking around the most promising is the MobilePhone.app plist in /var. I might play around with that one to see what I can get to happen.

If GV extender actually replacement program functionality. It is probably beyond my ability to do.

No a big deal. It would be nice to click on a cal button in Safari and have it dial rather than getting an invalid address error. Or for a contacts number to use the phone rather Han face time. Not a big deal though. Just a passing day dream.

pcmxa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
ABQ
Haven't figured it out...

but I was also thinking there might be a simpler solution. I don't really care about iSkyPhone integration that much. The REAL issue is that after jailbreaking, MobileSafari thinks it is running on an iPhone rather than an iPod touch so displays a "Call" button rather than the phone number. Since I am using an iPod Touch, not an iPhone this is annoying since I can't call and just need the phone number. Does anyone know how to make a jailbroken iPod Touch think it is an iPod Touch NOT an iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.