Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danoftroy

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
Same problem, looking for solution

If everyone can please read my post in detail I would sincerely appreciate it.
I also have a Macbook Pro Retina, which does not do IR.
I am doing a Keynote presentation in two weeks, and am looking for a remote control alternative that WORKS with Macbook Pro Retina.
Thus, my question is, does anyone have a RETINA and they also use a USB controlled remote?

I have downloaded KEYNOTE for my iPhone 5, but it works with wireless only. I spent 1 hour on tech support with an Apple senior advisor tonight, and he said Bluetooth will not pair the iPhone and Macbook Retina.

So, again, please give me the name of a USB remote that DOES work with the Macbook Retina.

Thanks!
Dan of Troy
(No relation to Helen)

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Not sure why you want a hardwired USB controller. What about using the Apple Remote or apps on your iPhone or iPad to control the presentation? One of my friends swears by Keynote Remote on his iPhone to control presentations on his MBA.

Check out the apps Keynote Remote by Apple or Remote Buddy by a company in Germany. Also look at the Apple Remote device.

StarkIndustries

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2013
I'm a lecturer and I'm looking for a wireless presenter to control PowerPoint. I was looking at the Logitech R400 http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-presenter-r400?crid=11 , but I don't think this works with OSX.

Can anyone recommend a good presenter that will work with my MBA (and Windows) please?

I'm in the same boat as you buddy. I stumbled upon a cool looking presenter recently. If you're still in the market for one...

http://www.satechi.net/index.php/bluetooth/bluetooth-remote/satechi-bluetooth-smart-pointer

it works on the bluetooth of your laptop for Keynote or Powerpoint. And on iOS devices as well.

locallad

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2013
NorthWest, United Kingdom
Wireless Presenter for MBA

in response to "Danoftroy":

I lecture constantly and have just upgraded from a Microsoft laptop to an new 13" MacBook Pro (Retina). I have a "August LP107T Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer" (It was originally a Logitech branded product) and my wife has a
Logitech R400 Wireless Presenter.
Both of these remote presenters work with the MBP *BUT ONLY* as far as the advance to next slide and go back to previous slide.
The blank screen and start presentation (F5) buttons do not work - obviously!

Hopefully this is of some assistance?
:cool:

tudouyouku

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2013
please give me the name of a USB remote that DOES work with the Macbook Retina.
1348q

pablovarela

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2014
please give me the name of a USB remote that DOES work with the Macbook Retina.Image

I've used on a Mac the Targus AMP09. It has a USB dongle so it should work on all macs and it has an internal switch so you can set it to work on Powerpoint (Windows), Powerpoint (Mac) and Keynote, so all the keys work. It also has a mouse mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.