Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
How do I check my data usage per month cause i wanna check how much data i have so i dont go overboard and pay more money on the bills.

Also what is tether data? it says i used 1.0 KB(sent and received)

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
How do I check my data usage per month cause i wanna check how much data i have so i dont go overboard and pay more money on the bills.

Also what is tether data? it says i used 1.0 KB(sent and received)

If you don't know what tethered data is and don't know how you used it, call your service provider immediately and remove that feature from your plan.

To check your data usage, some service providers offer an app that you can use to check your near real time data usage statistics as well as call minutes and texts. Check in the app store for your service provider. AT&T has an app and I use it quite a bit, but I also have text alerts set up for when I reach certain milestones in data usage each month.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Also i have a wifi question. When i turn off my phone( not shut it down like the button at the top) and turn it back on it switches to LTE(data) why does it not stay to my wifi connection?

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
If you don't know what tethered data is and don't know how you used it, call your service provider immediately and remove that feature from your plan.

To check your data usage, some service providers offer an app that you can use to check your near real time data usage statistics as well as call minutes and texts. Check in the app store for your service provider. AT&T has an app and I use it quite a bit, but I also have text alerts set up for when I reach certain milestones in data usage each month.

thanks! i just got the app for my provider! can you answer my wifi question thanks!

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
thanks! i just got the app for my provider! can you answer my wifi question thanks!

unfortunately I can't. I don't have enough real world experience with LTE yet to know what might be wrong or how to fix it. I'm getting ready to move to a town with LTE though. Hopefully I don't run into this problem though.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Also i have a wifi question. When i turn off my phone( not shut it down like the button at the top) and turn it back on it switches to LTE(data) why does it not stay to my wifi connection?

When you put your iPhone into sleep mode, wifi gets turned off unless it's plugged into the outlet. When you turn back on your iPhone, it should automatically connect to your wifi (as long as you're within range) within a few seconds

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

If you turned off your phone while it was connected to wifi it should automatically connect to that same wifi network if you are in range.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.