Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Hi all

Got Diablo 3 today for £19.99 which I think was a steal.

Anyway I am also looking for Age of Empires 3 but after searching it would appear it is not readily available only and the ones that are are almost £40, does anyone know if you can download a copy?

lightz39

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
Steam has the complete collection for $20. Windows only of course.

Edit: Found the mac version for $9 on Amazon.

Spoiler alert: Any amount of money spent on Diablo 3 is a rip off. Stick to Diablo 2.

Last edited:

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012

Spoiler alert: Any amount of money spent on Diablo 3 is a rip off. Stick to Diablo 2.

I bought Diablo 3 when it came out for $59.99 + tax, I indeed felt ripped off when I found out, that PC games can not be re-sold after beating them. At least it gave me a game to throw at my new iMac, and I still think it's quite fun actually ; ) For 19.99 GBP it's a good deal I would say though.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities

Uh . . . where? Amazon searches resulted in several results, all $125+ (???).

Could you post the URL of your $9 AOE3 for the Mac? And is it universal binary, or dead to Lion+ (no rosetta)?

Thanks!

Uh . . . where? Amazon searches resulted in several results, all $125+ (???).

Could you post the URL of your $9 AOE3 for the Mac? And is it universal binary, or dead to Lion+ (no rosetta)?

Thanks!

Indeed. Hard to imagine you'd find a boxed copy these days even remotely that cheap. Best bet seems eBay.

At time of writing a copy of AoE 3 without box or manual going for a bid of $8.75 + $11.60 postage, though that bid likely to rise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Age-of-Empi...9758?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337ec82bee

AoE 3 will work on Lion, unlike sadly AoE 2, which doesn't due to loss of Rosetta compatibility. GL!

solomanii

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
Can this be bought digitally anywhere? I already own the PC version on Steam and just want the native version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.