Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
the dispatch date of January has been up on the store for a while now it was there when I ordered 8th Dec not sure how much before I do not know,

it just seems very odd that they are not up dating it at all, what would be good if we knew the latest date the orders changed for 27 inch BTO

I suspect it is a common factor for a 27 inch iMac the case or the display that is causing the problem if it was another component there would be a more logical flow to the shipments

EK23

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Would I be correct in my assumption that no one with the "January" delivery date has seen any movement on their order?

I ordered on 12/10 and still have processing.

Lambros

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I ordered mine today, and still waiting... ;)

Is it weird that I ordered it within the hour, and am already refreshing the delivery status page? Okay I'll stop and go back to watching unboxing videos :D

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
Would I be correct in my assumption that no one with the "January" delivery date has seen any movement on their order?

I ordered on 12/10 and still have processing.

I ordered on 10-Dec as well and no movement either. Still "processing".

mdb90

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
I ordered mine on december the first, but at a premium reseller... I'm getting no news about my Imac, I'm getting crazy ;)

In which/at what country/reseller did you buy? I ordered mine (27 inch 3,2 ghz with fusion) at A-Mac Amersfoort in The Netherlands on December 6th. Called them several times for status updates, but their standard reply is 'We don't know when they will arrive until they are on our stoep(=doorstep in english:D)'.

Can't wait until I got it, currently working on a 13" MB because my iMac broke down.:rolleyes: Sucks both btw.:p

Dillus

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
I ordered mine through a reseller, too. They placed the order with Apple on the 28th of november, but I called today and they told me I'll possibly have to wait until the END of january. Words cannot express my frustration. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order and buying it directly from the apple website.

Notohyr

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
The Netherlands
I ordered mine through a reseller, too. They placed the order with Apple on the 28th of november, but I called today and they told me I'll possibly have to wait until the END of january. Words cannot express my frustration. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order and buying it directly from the apple website.
I don't think that's going to help you much. The apple store can't deliver either it seems.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1500106/

I ordered 30nov, paid with wired transfer, got confirmation at 4dec and I'm still processing. Shipping within 3-4 weeks and expected delivery 2-8jan.

I think you better stick with the order you allready have made.

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
I ordered on the 7. Desember, just in time for the "January" camp. Really wish I hadn't messed up my initial order so I had to reorder. It's been three weeks, and no change. I wonder when I'll actually receive my iMac. I understand Apple has many orders to process, but it's a bit frustrating having no set date to go by. January could mean "shipped on Jan. 31., arriving Feb. 7.-10." The weird thing is that someone here who ordered on the same date I did has already received their mac, and some people that ordered on the very first day still haven't received their iMacs. This makes it very hard to understand what's going on..

michaelmac

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
I ordered on the 7. Desember, just in time for the "January" camp. Really wish I hadn't messed up my initial order so I had to reorder. It's been three weeks, and no change. I wonder when I'll actually receive my iMac. I understand Apple has many orders to process, but it's a bit frustrating having no set date to go by. January could mean "shipped on Jan. 31., arriving Feb. 7.-10." The weird thing is that someone here who ordered on the same date I did has already received their mac, and some people that ordered on the very first day still haven't received their iMacs. This makes it very hard to understand what's going on..

As the Apple Store page still says 'Dispatched January' I suspect you will be fine for Delivered in January considering there is a gap of nearly 3-weeks since you ordered. There are effectively 3-weeks of orders after you and Apple will have to change to February soon if they can't deliver to plan.

gecko20

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Esch Alzette / Luxembourg
In which/at what country/reseller did you buy? I ordered mine (27 inch 3,2 ghz with fusion) at A-Mac Amersfoort in The Netherlands on December 6th. Called them several times for status updates, but their standard reply is 'We don't know when they will arrive until they are on our stoep(=doorstep in english:D)'.

Can't wait until I got it, currently working on a 13" MB because my iMac broke down.:rolleyes: Sucks both btw.:p

I ordered mine at Lineheart in Luxembourg and they give me the same answer: wait and see, wee do not know when they will arrive...

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
A fluke maybe. Ordered on the 30th. Cancelled, reordered on the 7th. received on the 24th.

Trogledyte Mac

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
I ordered a 3,4 i7, 8GB, 1TB Fusion Drive, 680Gtx 2Gb, trackpad on the 30th of November...
And due a wireless payment “bank transfer” I got lost in to a whole “January” month date! The thing is still processing... :rolleyes:
Maybe it’s not only the iMac but also some extra’s like Apple TV, superdrive etc. that can inflict your shipment?
:D

EK23

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
I ordered the...

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB GDDR5

On December 10th. 20 days later, still processing. I'm getting close to canceling. My opinion is apple really dropped the ball on this deal. At the time I ordered it was a surprise gift for my wife. Three weeks later I'm getting tired of being asked if it is getting any closer to arriving.

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
I ordered a maxed out 27'' (except for the ram) on the 7th, and still nothing. Think of all the iMacs Apple has to ship out to various stores all over the world in January. I'm not particularly optimistic about receiving my iMac anytime soon.. The irony is that this model is already seriously overdue, and now we have to wait even longer, and the next CPU-upgrade is looming on the horizon only a few months away...

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
the next CPU-upgrade is looming on the horizon only a few months away...

The next CPU makes no practical difference for iMacs. Don't even worry about that. Haswell iMacs won't be out until at least September and are highly unlikely to be worth waiting for.

EK23

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Some time overnight I went from processing to preparing to ship. Here's hoping it doesn't revert back to processing like others have. Maybe there is hope yet for us "January" folks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.