Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Hi,

Wanted to know if anyone pre ordered a 27 inch iMac from a 3rd party reseller? If so has it been shipped yet. I decided to order my iMac from B&H Photo since it meant free shipping, no sales tax, and half of AppleCare but still in back ordered status. Just wondering what others have experienced.

Thanks!!

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
Cancelled my MacMall order for 27" iMac. Reading their return policy and considering the all-new design, I ordered from Apple directly, can wait til January. Our 2006 iMac 20" ordered from MacMall has been great.

icapricorn

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
Also ordered from a reseller, Expercom, TWO DAYS before the iMac went on sale. The order is still "processing." It never moved forward. Yet when I check in with the Apple site, it shows, yup, the order was placed on the 28th. Apparently those of us who order from resellers are put at the very back of the line, regardless of how early we order.

It's a drag. But the savings are substantial. I try to remember that when I read about people over on the iMac 27" Delivery thread bellyaching about what flight out of China their computer is on or how terrible to have it stuck in a UPS warehouse over the weekend.

FYI:Orders made directly through Apple started delivering on Dec 12.

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
So far no luck on getting an answer on when I might get my iMac :( Don't understand why it's so hard for resellers to be able to give us an estimate after several weeks of the iMac being out.

With Apple delivering orders for the last couple of weeks and a good amount delivered earlier than estimates I would think that the supply wasn't that constricted. I guess I'll just have to be patient and keep on checking.

Anyone else get any updates on when they will be getting their orders from a third party reseller?

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
the apple retail stores still do not have them in stock its mostly still a trickle of them coming out. People who ordered it direct from apple within the first week still have are just now getting them.

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Well I had an online chat with Customer Service at B&H. Supposedly they'll have stock in the next 1-2 weeks!!! I'm hoping it's true. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Have not got my iMac yet :( Spoke with B&H again today. They told me they have a shipment of iMacs coming in but don't know when they're arriving or how many. So I'm still waiting :( Boy does this suck!!!

Last edited:

Divided

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Have not got my iMac yet :( Spoke with B&H again today. They told me they have a shipment of iMacs coming in but don't know when they're arriving or how many. So I'm still waiting :( Boy does this suck!!!

I ordered mine from B&H as well, on Dec 27th. Hopefully that shipment you're talking about has a bunch of our orders in it. When I spoke to customer service via email, they pretty much said that they didn't know when they'd be coming in, but they were expecting them within 3 weeks.

I ordered one of their custom configurations, which Im hoping doesn't delay it in some way.

pgetman

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2013
Tale of 2 iMacs

I ordered a standard configuration 27" iMac from B&H on December 7....still no shipping date and customer service can't (or won't) tell me when it will ship....I ordered a more customized 27" iMac directly from Apple on December 17...it shipped on January 11 and will arrive in PA on Jan 15 or 16.

Definitely seems that resellers orders are being shipped well behind those gotten directly from Apple!

Dillus

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
My reseller has no clue when my iMac will arrive. I'm starting to think I should have ordered directly from Apple, but now it's too late...

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
If I really needed the new iMac ASAP then I would have ordered directly from Apple on day one. I have an early 2009 24 inch iMac and still works well so I'm not needing the new iMac right away. Just hate having to wait so long lol.

Plus saving a few hundred dollars buying it at B&H makes it a little easier to live with the wait. In the meantime I've bought some new peripherals and RAM to use with the new iMac.

Specifically I got a new 3 TB USB 3 external drive for back up. A Samsung, I know dirty word lol, blu ray/standard DVD reader/writer as I occasionally have need to rip DVDs or write to a DVD. Last but not least a 16gb RAM kit from Crucial.

So the money saved through B&H helped pay for all of this plus still planning to get a 3.0 USB hub and a UPS.

My reseller has no clue when my iMac will arrive. I'm starting to think I should have ordered directly from Apple, but now it's too late...

Dillus

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
So has ANYONE received their preordered iMac from a third party reseller yet? If I rang Apple, would they be able to tell me when my reseller will be supplied?

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
I checked my order this morning from B&H photo. The status changed from backordered to "In stock and order sent to warehouse"!!!! So it's looking good. Finally!!! Now just need to wait for tracking information!!! Woohoo!!! After about a month and a half!!!

So has ANYONE received their preordered iMac from a third party reseller yet? If I rang Apple, would they be able to tell me when my reseller will be supplied?

4Hummer

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
I checked my order this morning from B&H photo. The status changed from backordered to "In stock and order sent to warehouse"!!!! So it's looking good. Finally!!! Now just need to wait for tracking information!!! Woohoo!!! After about a month and a half!!!

Still nothing here in Canada. I ordered the second they were available from CDW.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008

when did you order? I ordered mine from them xmas day and right now its still pending.

Divided

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA

I just got a form email from B&H yesterday:

"One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically."

Its clearly just an auto response sort of thing, but wasn't sure if other people waiting for their iMac specific orders got the same email. I ordered on 12/27.

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Got my tracking email earlier today!!! Yes finally it's coming!!! Lol Delivery is scheduled for this coming Monday. I hope you all get your iMac soon and just have patience!!! lol

tingyunliu

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
B&H order updates?

Well I had an online chat with Customer Service at B&H. Supposedly they'll have stock in the next 1-2 weeks!!! I'm hoping it's true. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I ordered from B&H too on 12/13. No updates yet. Do you have any updates?

----------

I ordered from B&H too on 12/13. No updates yet. Do you have any updates?

Sorry, did not read throug it earlier. Congrats on your new iMac. You ordered on 12/2, so mine might be two weeks away.

wlavalla

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2010
I ordered 2 27"loaded iMacs on two different orders on 12/13/12 and BH told me today 2 to 3 more weeks.

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
27" MacMall Shipment

My BTO 27" ordered 12/18 Shipped Fedex from Memphis today, scheduled delivery Thursday 1/17, only one day later than originally estimated upon order 12/18, confirming my over ten year experience with MacMall excellent service.
Configuration: Apple 27" iMac Quad-Core Intel Core i5 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 3TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX graphics processor with 2GB of GDDR5 memory.
Ordering 16 GB Crucial Kit this PM:D

TMAC HACK

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
47 days and counting

I ordered and paid in full for my 27" on the 30th November at David Jones in Australia - Expected delivery has now blown out to 23rd Jan.

I will NEVER shop at David Jones again for any item, and my opinion of Apple has sunk to a new low.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.