Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Yesterday I purchased an iTunes LP - Anthrax' latest offering Worship Music. The LP downloaded in its entirety on the machine it was purchased on (my Air, with Lion and iTunes 10.5 beta 8).

Later that evening I fired up iTunes 10.4.1 on my SL iMac, hit the Purchased link in the Music Quick Links sidebar, and manually downloaded the same album to that machine as I do not have auto downloads turned on in Preferences/Store/Automatic Downloads. All the music and video content of the album downloaded, but the actual LP bit did not. Am I missing something? Aside from manually copying the LP content from one machine to the other (which defeats the cloud), I've no idea how to get it to the SL machine. :confused:

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
So this remains a problem with iTunes 10.5 (release) and 10.5.1 beta.

If an LP is purchased on one machine with iTunes, the music and video content will be pushed to other machines that share that account -- but the actual LP content (the interactive part) will not.

Can anyone else confirm? Thanks.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I can confirm the same behaviour here. I get the songs and videos, but not the .itlp file (with a different LP from the one you tested with).

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Ah good to know, thanks! Clearly a bug then, with the workaround being to copy the .itlp content manually from one machine to the others.

badvox

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Same iTunes LP same issue here. I just cannot get the LP portion. Customer Support is telling me to try and get it from a different computer network because its MY computer.

I have 2 macbook pro 17" laptops and an iMac. None of them can retrieve the LP portion.

I was hopeful today because my Lion had an iTunes update but nada same problem persists.

iBrody

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
I just got an 'error 13' message when trying to DL the iTunes LP part.

Strange because it let me DL a different album with iTunes LP content in it's entirety yesterday!

I am guessing it's an error on Apples part.

Any idea how or when this will be fixed?

You pay extra for the iTunes LP experience but are left with a regular track list.

In addition, when I sync the album to my iPad and play the first track, the first track doesn't play, but instead my iPad decides to play a live version of the same song from an iTunes Festival album by the same artist, which is also on my iPad - now I find this weird!

I don't have iCloud turned on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.