Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shan916

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Is the updated YouTube icon new in this beta?

I think it is new in iOS 6.1 because here is what it looks like in 6.0.1 on iPad with the YouTube App installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 223

freemini

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2009
Norway
Is it specific to beta 3/4 that I cannot hit that stupidly small X in safari when it says it finds an app for that website. For example it shows the YouTube app installed and a little x that just does not want to be pressed. It always just opens it regardless of where I try to tap it. I didn't try it on iPhone but I think it works fine there, but on iPad 3 it just doesn't.

hektor5wolf

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
Is it specific to beta 3/4 that I cannot hit that stupidly small X in safari when it says it finds an app for that website. For example it shows the YouTube app installed and a little x that just does not want to be pressed. It always just opens it regardless of where I try to tap it. I didn't try it on iPhone but I think it works fine there, but on iPad 3 it just doesn't.

Noticed that too! Thank god I'm not the only one

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012

No it's not a 6.1 thing, it's an iOS 6 thing, and yeah it's annoying as hell. The X isn't too small or whatever, but there seems to be a bug that doesn't allow you to tap it. Sucks to see this wasn't fixed in beta 4. Apple dropping the ball again.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Bluetooth MAP fixed?

Anyone know if 6.1 will fix Bluetooth MAP protocol so that email will display in car systems?

Wheeler

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
My battery life seems way better with this beta- could be for a number of reasons, but I used to get home from work and my phone would be at single digit %, now it's around 40-50% at 6pm. Getting all day usage again

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Think we'll actually get a beta this Monday? I would have guessed next Monday with the holidays and all...

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
6.1 is not a feature oriented update, its only for bug fixes and all.. :p

If it's for bug fixes, it should have been called 6.0.3 instead.

x.1 updates normally bring about substantial features, following past trends. Go look at the changelog of 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1 and 5.1 for yourself and you'll understand what I mean.

Pank9j

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012

x.1 updates normally bring about substantial features, following past trends. Go look at the changelog of 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1 and 5.1 for yourself and you'll understand what I mean.

Why you are looking in past when things are already visible in present ?? Strange.. :confused:

I can't see any major feature in 6.1 till now and i am not even expecting anything to be happen in next beta. Apple has changed its past trends my dear. ;)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Why you are looking in past when things are already visible in present ?? Strange.. :confused:

I can't see any major feature in 6.1 till now and i am not even expecting anything to be happen in next beta. Apple has changed its past trends my dear. ;)

If that's the case, from my POV, they've changed for the worse.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
People, it is not unusual for Apple to leave out the major changes/new features until the GM release of a .1 update....just wait for that until you start moaning about no new features!

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011

That can be said for everything up to 5.1. If you remember, 5.1 was just like this with the only new features being an updated camera icon in the lockscreen and the ability to delete photos from Photo Stream.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.