Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
You're saying that Android would be better if it was more like iOS. I think that shows which one is still winning for you. ;)

Android can do a lot more, but it's more of a power user's OS. You sometime have to use hacks to get things working as you like. That's good, but once the novelty of customising the OS wears off and you want something that just works well for day to day use, I think the simplicity of iOS is brilliant.

iOS doesn't get in the way, it just lets you do what you need to without being a nuisance.

Although iOS limitations can be a nuisance....

Double tapping the home button is not the best way for multitasking and Notification Center just doesn't feel right. Notifications don't sync across your devices.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Although iOS limitations can be a nuisance....

Double tapping the home button is not the best way for multitasking and Notification Center just doesn't feel right. Notifications don't sync across your devices.

It would be great if notifications synced for the apps that are installed on both.

I have no problem with double tapping the home button. It takes a fraction of a second. I guess the main problem is that the home button can break with continued use.

There aren't really any iOS limitations that bother me. In the past it would've been handy if I could use my phone as a flash drive and be able to save e-mail attachments to the flash storage, but for the most part it's a great phone and I have no complaints.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Calling it right now...

iPhone 5S
Best crazy rumor: iPhone 5S gaining iPod touch loop.
Notable keynote moment: iOS 7 has no major UI change but has Foursquare integration.

What's foursquare? I think the iPhone 5 will have an increase in HD space up to 128 GB.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
128GB is needed, especially with how big games are becoming with improved graphics. Soon the iPhone will be able to have xbox and ps3 graphics in the palm of your hand.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
That it wont be called the iphone 5s ooooo

----------

128GB is needed, especially with how big games are becoming with improved graphics. Soon the iPhone will be able to have xbox and ps3 graphics in the palm of your hand.

well PS3 graphics at least because Xbox's suck

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
I don't get the "just a spec bump" argument between the iPhone 4 and 4S. I had both, and there is a huge difference between the two. The 4S cameras are much better, and the model opened it up to Verizon and Sprint. Considering the fact that most people buy a phone on a two-year contract, and since so many people will for some reason buy every iPhone model, I don't see much wrong with how things are going.

I'm hoping rumors are correct about a summer launch because Verizon will let me upgrade in mid-June. About the only thing I would really like that the iPhone doesn't have right now is a 128GB model. Either that or a cheaper 64GB.

Uhhhh, the iPhone 4 was available on Verizon shortly after it launched. I bought one in March of 2011. The 4S came along as Verizon's second iPhone release.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
You're saying that Android would be better if it was more like iOS. I think that shows which one is still winning for you. ;)

Android can do a lot more, but it's more of a power user's OS. You sometime have to use hacks to get things working as you like. That's good, but once the novelty of customising the OS wears off and you want something that just works well for day to day use, I think the simplicity of iOS is brilliant.

iOS doesn't get in the way, it just lets you do what you need to without being a nuisance.

I agree! There are certain aspects of iOS that are fundamental to me and were the reason I stayed with Apple for the iPhone 5. While I was disappointed in the hardware and lack of new features, I'm too deeply ingrained in Apple's ecosystem to consider leaving at the point. To me, Android has only just caught up to iOS. The next year will determine whether Apple can step it up or whether my next phone will indeed be Android.

iOS is brilliant but was badly let down by iOS 6 and definitely needs a meaningful upgrade in the form of iOS 7.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
The Lightning charger cable will lose the USB interface and get the ThunderBolt interface instead, the 16 GB version will disappear and they'll introduce a 128 GB version, and it'll be called iPhone Thor, Mjölnir or Zeus (Thunder and Lightning, you know...).

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I like Apple phones for resale value. What other phone can you sell 2 years later for near the same price you bought it for? Hell you could have made like $1400 just selling 2 on contract iPhone 5's during the last week of september.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I like Apple phones for resale value. What other phone can you sell 2 years later for near the same price you bought it for? Hell you could have made like $1400 just selling 2 on contract iPhone 5's during the last week of september.

...and be stuck with two two year contracts that are extra expensive to cover for the subsidised iPhone price? ;)

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
...and be stuck with two two year contracts that are extra expensive to cover for the subsidised iPhone price? ;)

you could just revert back to your old phone lol when the supplies were rate phones went for like $1000. Get 2 of those suckers and that's $2000 right there. You can buy yourself the iPhone you got for $200 for $700 and still have $1300 left to do anything you want.

corvus32

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
USA
you could just revert back to your old phone lol when the supplies were rate phones went for like $1000. Get 2 of those suckers and that's $2000 right there. You can buy yourself the iPhone you got for $200 for $700 and still have $1300 left to do anything you want.

Of that $1300 left over, $160-$200 would need to be paid each month for 24 months to fulfill the terms of both contracts, or a $750 ETF would need to be paid to terminate both contracts. Or, pay nothing as your post suggests and have the non-payment show up on your mom's credit report.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Of that $1300 left over, $160-$200 would need to be paid each month for 24 months to fulfill the terms of both contracts, or a $750 ETF would need to be paid to terminate both contracts. Or, pay nothing as your post suggests and have the non-payment show up on your mom's credit report.

It would still be $1300 more than you had before you sold them. If you have a job then there is no worries. Most people have it set up to draw money from their bank account when the bill is due. So they can do anything they want with that $1300 as long as they have money in their bank account.

corvus32

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
USA
It would still be $1300 more than you had before you sold them. If you have a job then there is no worries. Most people have it set up to draw money from their bank account when the bill is due. So they can do anything they want with that $1300 as long as they have money in their bank account.

So, you would continue paying close to $5000 over the next two years for two phones you no longer have just to make a quick $1300?

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011

If we set up an automatic transfer of 150 USD per month from your account to mine for the next 24 months, I'd give you 1 300 bucks in a heart beat. Hell, I would even give you 2 000 if you wanted it.

How many credit cards do you have? ;)

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
People saying we are just getting spec bumps - all new phones these days are just spec bumps of older phones!

For example the GS2 to 3 was a bigger screen, better processor, more ram, better cameras etc.

We are all waiting for more features and improvements in the software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.