Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
If we look at past history, I would say yes, but I'm thinking about it, it would make sense to get rid of the 4S out of their lineup next year, because of lightning, LTE, 4 inch screen, etc. just to make their technologies become more universal throughout their lineup. This would quicken the pace of 4 inch apps that are going into the App Store. And then the Lightning connector would move away from the 30 pin in pretty much all of their devices.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
If we look at past history, I would say yes, but I'm thinking about it, it would make sense to get rid of the 4S out of their lineup next year, because of lightning, LTE, 4 inch screen, etc. just to make their technologies become more universal throughout their lineup. This would quicken the pace of 4 inch apps that are going into the App Store. And then the Lightning connector would move away from the 30 pin in pretty much all of their devices.

They could just modify the 4S for the lightning connector. Wouldn't be difficult since you're replacing a bigger part for a smaller part. That's pretty much what they did with the iPad 4, which is in terms of outer casing an iPad 3 with a lightning connector.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
by then the 4 will be nearly 3 years old so out of the line up and then 4S goes to Free, and I see the 5 going for $99 AND THEN THE NEW 5S or 6 will be the newer model priced as it sits now $199 299 399.

I do not see Apple doing something much different then what they have.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
We can argue semantics all day long, but at the end of the day the customer pays something whether it's in the form of a phone or contract.

Yes. Which is why providers with "value plans" and no subsidized phones are able to offer much cheaper monthly plans. We're getting gouged by AT&T and Verizon on their current plans.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
They could just modify the 4S for the lightning connector. Wouldn't be difficult since you're replacing a bigger part for a smaller part. That's pretty much what they did with the iPad 4, which is in terms of outer casing an iPad 3 with a lightning connector.

Yeah I could see that too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.