Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsen4961

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
I only noticed this when i tested the speakers using the panning tool in system preferences and was wondering if people can do the same?

Pan all the way to the left and then pan all the way to the right and tell me if you can hear a difference. The left side seems to have more bass right?

Im sure this is normal due to the sub being on the left side for example

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I only noticed this when i tested the speakers using the panning tool in system preferences and was wondering if people can do the same?

Pan all the way to the left and then pan all the way to the right and tell me if you can hear a difference. The left side seems to have more bass right?

Im sure this is normal due to the sub being on the left side for example

Yep same thing noticed here. The right side is noticeably higher-end in terms of range, whereas the left side is deeper. Strangely, I also noticed this in Diablo 3 with my demon hunter. Shooting toward the right side of the screen is much "thinner" than shooting toward the left. One of several reasons why the new iMac's sound system is not as good as the outgoing model's.

Last edited:

bsen4961

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Yep same thing noticed here. The right side is noticeably higher-end in terms of range, whereas the left side is deeper. Strangely, I also noticed this in Diablo 3 with my demon hunter. Shooting toward the right side of the screen is much "thinner" than shooting toward the left. One of several reasons why the new iMac's sound system is not as good as the outgoing model's.

Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.