Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anfield11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
I'm in Canada and would like to be able to purchase apps from the UK store. In particular BBC iPlayer and the Sky app. I am able to activate a VPN connection. can anyone help? Cheers

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I'm in Canada and would like to be able to purchase apps from the UK store. In particular BBC iPlayer and the Sky app. I am able to activate a VPN connection. can anyone help? Cheers

Both those apps wouldn't work FYI. Otherwise, like the other guy says, you only need a gift card/credit card. No proxy/etc is needed.

Accord3

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
Hampshire, UK
Sky app

I tried to use my Sky app in Spain this summer (to catch up on some Sky channels) and it wouldnt let me as it knew i was outside the UK.

anfield11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
I tried to use my Sky app in Spain this summer (to catch up on some Sky channels) and it wouldnt let me as it knew i was outside the UK.

I'm neither great nor dumb at this stuff, but I think a VPN service gets you around that issue.

My issue is the opposite as I have a UK VPN, but to watch Sky need the Sky App and preferably a BBC iPlayer UK version from the UK App Store. That's what I need to figure out how to get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.