Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Try reading the reviews before posting this crud.

MacRumors posted the "crud" in the original story. Most of your reasons are your opinion, not facts. Some reviews say it has problems connecting with non-Sony handsets, but that with the Xperia line-up it works as advertised. The point is, the device is not really taking off and frankly, I can understand why. Seems like mostly a glorified gimmick.

Drop the "Sony is bad! Android is bad!" non-sense when addressing me.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Believe it or not it is still frowned upon to pull your phone out in many situations. This allows you to just do a quick glance at your wrist and not have to take out your phone.

So this is a device for avoiding slight social awkwardness? Which will probably cost over $200 and shorten the battery life on your phone? Great value.

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
The Sony stuff sas mentionned and even pictured in the main article ... Otherwise did you have anything to contribute to the thread or are you just bickering again ?

What? I thought I was on your "ignore list." Oopsie.

If I happen to run across any of your posts, I'll be sure to notice how often you mention other brand names, Android, etc.

But not too rigorously. You couldn't pay me to do that.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
So this is a device for avoiding slight social awkwardness? Which will probably cost over $200 and shorten the battery life on your phone? Great value.

I'm sure if apple was to release a smart watch it would offer something the current competition doesn't. $200 isn't even a lot of money if the watch is nice, good watches can cost far more than that. However I'm sure if they did this the first gen would be ugly and featurless. That seems to be their way lately.

Kevin Rohrer

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
Medina, Ohio USA
I Knew It Had To Happen

It was only a matter of time before Dick Tracy's wrist watch video phone became reality.

Now I know why they changed the shape of the iPod Nano.

I want one! :cool:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
If I could put a SIM card in one of these things, pay an extra $10/mo to use it with AT&T, I'd do it. I don't think it'll be something that works on your phone, but it'll be the same type of thing like what the new iPod Nano has.

Maddix

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011
I wont buy it, but I wear a watch. I bet most people here have no clue why a $10 watch from Wal-Mart is probably more accurate than a Swiss watch costing 400X more.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
This is going to crush Kickstarter. Pebble was its biggest success to date (I bought a few myself thinking they'd ship for the holidays). It's quite likely Pebble will ship the Kickstarter batch only a few months before Apple. They won't have time for make more before Apple announces. What developer is going to develop for Pebble if they can develop for an Apple branded watch. True Pebble works with Android too, not just iDevices, but Android buyers don't spend $ like Apple fans.

I'm certainly done with Kickstarter. Big companies always borrow the good ideas leaving crumbs for everyone else.

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
I regret backing pebble every single day. It has taken them so long to figure out production when Apple can make something 10x better in just a couple of days. The pebble guys had a great idea and a great vision, but they were obviously in way over their heads. If this story is true my I won't even open the box before I put the pebble up on craigslist or ebay.

If you paid with a credit card I would call the credit card company and ask them about returns and disputes for items that don't ship on time. I had a Kickstarter project not ship months after it was supposed to and I asked for a refund and they wouldn't do one. I called American Express and about two weeks later I got a letter saying I was refunded, I got the refund on my bill. And then even later I received the Kickstarter item, which I had no need for anymore. I doubled checked my bill, I did get the refund and the item.

skinned66

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
If you paid with a credit card I would call the credit card company and ask them about returns and disputes for items that don't ship on time. I had a Kickstarter project not ship months after it was supposed to and I asked for a refund and they wouldn't do one. I called American Express and about two weeks later I got a letter saying I was refunded, I got the refund on my bill. And then even later I received the Kickstarter item, which I had no need for anymore. I doubled checked my bill, I did get the refund and the item.

That's some good advice. I'm kind of annoyed Pebble has taken this long also. I'm hoping the SDK and dev community make it worth my wait. While an Apple foray into this market might yield a cool device I doubt it will be as customizable as the pebble.

techguy9

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2014
Apple smart watch leak!!

Hello, I come from the future, and I want to leak a few pictures of the smart watch to you. It does include Siri, and it has a brand new UI inspired by Jony Ive. These pictures will self destruct in a few days, so share it to everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 95
  • Haha
Reactions: ffff14P

techguy9

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2014
Im also from the future, coming to punch this guy in the face :p ####
Is this you Tim Cook, punching me for leaking "highly valued trade secrets"? :p

----------

Sony watch looks like brick.

Pebble is out! Yay!
Pebble is a brick by now in the future :eek:

----------

That's some good advice. I'm kind of annoyed Pebble has taken this long also. I'm hoping the SDK and dev community make it worth my wait. While an Apple foray into this market might yield a cool device I doubt it will be as customizable as the pebble.
You are dead wrong for the customization part :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.