Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
If I go to the Apple Store and buy an AT&T mini, will I still be able to do the $100 deal?

And then signing a 2 year contract, would I have to keep THAT mini for the plan or could I keep the plan and go to a new ipad mini when it comes out ( mini will probably be a snail in a year's time ) and sell the other one and not have to pay the etf?
Thanks.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
If I go to the Apple Store and buy an AT&T mini, will I still be able to do the $100 deal?

And then signing a 2 year contract, would I have to keep THAT mini for the plan or could I keep the plan and go to a new ipad mini when it comes out ( mini will probably be a snail in a year's time ) and sell the other one and not have to pay the etf?
Thanks.

I think most AT&T stores are out of them due to the holidays, but I ordered mine online and it showed up a few days later. They also give you free shipping.

I spoke with an AT&T rep, and was told the device itself doesn't matter as long as you have an active plan. I was concerned for the same reason as you since I'll be upgrading to the new Mini whenever it comes out.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
I think most AT&T stores are out of them due to the holidays, but I ordered mine online and it showed up a few days later. They also give you free shipping.

I spoke with an AT&T rep, and was told the device itself doesn't matter as long as you have an active plan. I was concerned for the same reason as you since I'll be upgrading to the new Mini whenever it comes out.

Thanks! Good to know. So apple isn't an option?

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Nope you have to order it through AT&T.

False. If you bring an ipad to an AT&T COR store and apply it to an account and sign a 24 month commitment, you will receive a $100 bill credit. Unless its a market only thing (which I doubt), you can go to best buy, pick up the tablet, take it to AT&T, activate it, and get a $100 bill credit.

jeme

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Orris is correct, additionally you only have to keep that SIM active, so when the next iPad or mini comes out just buy it where ever and put the active SIM in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.