Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

currahee2100

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
So I thought my iPad mini would be compatible internationally when it comes to LTE. I have relatives in a foreign country and I plan on visiting them regularly. At the Apple Store they were out of the AT&T iPad minis so I settled with a Verizon iPad... little did I know that there are two flavors of iPad minis. It seems the Verizon/Sprint versions have more international compatibility with LTE?

Why? This just seems silly- is AT&T stomping it's feet on network exclusivity or something? At least in my area AT&T has a license for 700MHz block C so I could always go to them but still. Us consumers should be able to make a choice on which carrier we want to use. Why is this still a problem when we're shelling out money for an unsubsidized device?

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
So I thought my iPad mini would be compatible internationally when it comes to LTE. I have relatives in a foreign country and I plan on visiting them regularly. At the Apple Store they were out of the AT&T iPad minis so I settled with a Verizon iPad... little did I know that there are two flavors of iPad minis. It seems the Verizon/Sprint versions have more international compatibility with LTE?

Why? This just seems silly- is AT&T stomping it's feet on network exclusivity or something? At least in my area AT&T has a license for 700MHz block C so I could always go to them but still. Us consumers should be able to make a choice on which carrier we want to use. Why is this still a problem when we're shelling out money for an unsubsidized device?

You had a choice and you picked wrong. Deal with it. Does anyone these days accept any responsibility?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.