Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Even to this day I keep trying to stick my headphones in the top and I'm like oh yeah it's in the bottom now.

Lol hopefully I don't scuff up the metal band on top from doing it too much.

What makes it harder to remember is that I still use the old 4 like a iTouch so I still alternate and it can get confusing sometimes.

Does anyone else have this problem?

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Even to this day I keep trying to stick my headphones in the top and I'm like oh yeah it's in the bottom now.

Lol hopefully I don't scuff up the metal band on top from doing it too much.

What makes it harder to remember is that I still use the old 4 like a iTouch so I still alternate and it can get confusing sometimes.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Nope, but I keep on picking it up upside down when the headphones are connected...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
My very first iDevice was a 5th gen iPod Nano (which I still use for all my music). It has the jack on the bottom. So does my Touch Pro which I replaced with my iPhone 5.

So…never knew any difference. However, I much prefer the jack on the bottom so this works for me. It means I can slip my iPhone or iPod into a jean pocket and not have to turn the display right side up. That means if I want to use the device I don't have to pull it out all the way and turn it around.

If the jack was on top I could of course put the device inside my pocket upside down, but the device would be resting on the plug at the bottom of my pocket and also bending the cord. Not what I want.

So all the way around the jack on the bottom works best for me.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Nope, but I keep on picking it up upside down when the headphones are connected...

Ooh that's a good one.

Same here.

I always gotta look to find the button to orient myself because its so confusing.

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
No, however I still keep wishing they'd just left it at the top, found it to be more convenient the way I usually handle my phone. I don't like having to turn it over to see the screen after I remove it from my pocket to browse my music library on the go, but it's not a huge thing.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
So far I have not had that issue, but for some reason I keep taking it out of my pocket backwards. What I mean to say is I find that I have to spin it around to see the face of the phone.

lancia832

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
Re hedphones on bottom

The day Apple would move back the headphones jack on top if such a day would come back , would be a day that i will enjoy enormous , i listen to a lot of podcasts , and type sometimes to use the web , and i hate this change that they did with the phone with a vengeance , it made me sell the iphone 5 , one of the major reasons for me , i hate you! headphone jack in the bottom ! die a quick death ! thats what i wish for you .
I know ! i know ! Im crazy , but thats how i feel about that

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
The day Apple would move back the headphones jack on top if such a day would come back , would be a day that i will enjoy enormous , i listen to a lot of podcasts , and type sometimes to use the web , and i hate this change that they did with the phone with a vengeance , it made me sell the iphone 5 , one of the major reasons for me , i hate you! headphone jack in the bottom ! die a quick death ! thats what i wish for you .
I know ! i know ! Im crazy , but thats how i feel about that

What's your reason tho?

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
No, probably because I am used to it from my iPod Touch.

Well the phone I use as an iPod Touch is actually the opposite of a Touch and is on top and the iPhone I use as a phone is like the Touch and is on bottom.

lancia832

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
The reason is that it feels so unnatural with the cord sticking in the botom of your palm when you cradlle the phone , the pinky finger is right on top of the heahone plug , thats how i used to hold my phone when listening to radio , and trying to type something with one hand ,it feels so unnatural .

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
No because I'm not a moron. I know the HP jack is on the bottom so go directly there when I need to plug em in. I go right to the top when I'm using my 4s.

It's not that hard to train your mind to "remember" things, give it a shot.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's kind of awkward. All of the cardio equipment in my gym has iPhone compatible docks and room for the headphone jack at the top. No easy way to fit the 5 on there. Plus yeah I still have to flip it sometimes when taking it out of my pocket. I'll probably get used to it eventually.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I dislike the new earbud design more. Although, I'd rather have the headphone jack on the top, but it doesn't bother me too much. Holding the phone is more comfortable for me this way.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
No because I'm not a moron. I know the HP jack is on the bottom so go directly there when I need to plug em in. I go right to the top when I'm using my 4s.

It's not that hard to train your mind to "remember" things, give it a shot.

do you want a cookie?

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I plug my earpods in the top all the time, of course I have an iPhone 4s.

I really like the earpods they stay in even when I'm running. In all the miles I've run with them the right one has only come out once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.