Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Rather than "settle" for either, I will be eagerly anticipating the release of the iPad Mini 2, which will hopefully be the best of both worlds. If anybody else is on the fence about this, I would suggest waiting also. Now let's just hope those March release date rumors are true!

And while you are waiting, those of us who have "settled" for either a mini or the 4 will be enjoying our tablets. :p

Seriously, waiting might be the right decision for you, but I think not waiting is an equally valid decision. I wouldn't be suggesting either option for other people, everyone have to make the decision that is right for them.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Happy New Year!

All of this back and forth between the ipad 4 and the mini is because I like many of you out there are probably on the fence between the two devices. I'd like to own everything but you know I can't cause my CFO would not comply with that request.

So either you get to use something like an ipad 4 now or you get an ipad mini that suits your needs at the moment. I don't know if there will actually be a retina ipad this year but for sure I am enjoying my ipad 4. You can buy whatever you like I'm sure it's a hard decision to make and what's interesting is that a device that has 2 year old internal components sans the cameras and enclosure design can be so competitive against an iPad, specifically an ipad 4.

After using it so extensively now (my iPad 4) is really showing it's true colors (yes, the screen and the performance) and it's a great device. I'm going to see what ios 7 brings to the table because iOS 6 has really gotten boring for a tablet...in terms of the wasted screen real estate and lack of anything "cool" and useful on the 10" display.

I can finally say I'm no longer lusting after the mini because with such extensive use of the ipad 4 I feel the mini is not going to give me what I want...that is until the next generation mini comes along and for sure, it will force me to sell my ipad 4 and we can repeat this entire process again!

Have a great year folks - make sure you save up for that new ipad 5!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Whatever the ipad5 is, I'm not going for it.

Got the 4th gen at BF price and paid no sales tax in Deleware. There is zero trade off for me over the Mini because the size and weight on the 4 now is fine so whatever comes to lessen that, "Jimmie cracked corn".

Happy New Year as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.