Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahmadka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Hi guys ... Question regarding iPhone 5 with Bluetooth Headset AND an AUX cable simultaneously ..

I have a mono bluetooth headset which supports A2DP, which I wear when driving around. Its this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Voyager-Pro-HD-Bluetooth/dp/B005IMB5SG

I also want to play music using my car stereo, by connecting my cellphone to the car's stereo using an AUX cable.

So basically, I want to have my iPhone 5 connected to my car stereo via AUX cable for playing music, and I also want it connected to my bluetooth headset, for receiving calls only.

The problem is that the music audio is also being sent to my bluetooth headset, which I don't want. I want the music audio to still play via the AUX cable, so that only calls are sent to my bluetooth headset.

How can I do this ? ... On Android, I had to go into the headset's properties on my phone and disable a 'media audio' option there .. Isn't there such an option in iPhone 5 ?? :(

andy265

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
You can change where the audio playing is routed by double pressing the home button, swiping the bottom bar left twice, the using the button to the right of the volume control to change the audio destination.

The same button is also on the lock screen when you double press the home button.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
You can change where the audio playing is routed by double pressing the home button, swiping the bottom bar left twice, the using the button to the right of the volume control to change the audio destination.

The same button is also on the lock screen when you double press the home button.
I can confirm this.

ahmadka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012

Yup, worked for me too ... Thanks a lot ! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.