Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

air23cary

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
How good will a mini with 2.6, 16GB and SSD perform running Windows/OSX simultaneously? Would prefer an iMac but want all SSD and 768GB is too much. How capable is the mini in this situation (running multiple trading programs in and outside of Windows)?

Nate392

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2012
The i7 in the mini is very capable. It has no issues running Photoshop and other programs simultaneously with out any trouble. I think it should work fine for you, as long as you aren't doing a lot of photo/video rendering. I have had no problems with mine, I couldn't be happier.
Is there anything specific you were looking for?

air23cary

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
The i7 in the mini is very capable. It has no issues running Photoshop and other programs simultaneously with out any trouble. I think it should work fine for you, as long as you aren't doing a lot of photo/video rendering. I have had no problems with mine, I couldn't be happier.
Is there anything specific you were looking for?

I need a setup that can run OSX/Windows simultaneously without delay in at least a dual display. I will be running trading programs on each side so even a slight delay would hurt. Also will have safari browsers open. Just want to know if mini is suitable or if I should be thinking iMac.

Nate392

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2012
The mini is a definitely a better choice for you, unless you were planning to get an i7 iMac, because the i7 in the mini supports multithreading, which the i5 in an iMac does not. I haven't had any issues with multiple programs running, lots of tabs in safari, anything like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.