Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Nope charging just as fast as my 4s did. Are you using the supplied power source ?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
The first iP5 I had wouldn't charge. Upon returning to Apple they replaced it. This one charges just fine. It does get rather warm, but I expect that's normal. Most Apple devices get warm.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I've never complained nor cared about battery but this phone is just 0_o right now. It's not the brand new on-the-phone-all-day factor either. I had about five and a half hours of use, strictly web and SMS and I was at 27% nine hours into the day. I did have LTE enabled (forgot) so we'll see how it holds up tomorrow. Surely it can't have made that much difference, though.

I will say though, I freaking love this phone.

rfbandit

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
My iPhone 5 seems to average about 1% every minute or so. That's super quick, and because it's that quick, it warms up the battery and makes the phone start heating up.

ChesneyHawkes

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
It should charge pretty quickly for the first 80% then trickle charge the final 20% for safety so it doesn't overload the battery.

Mine seems to be the same as my 4S in terms of charging time. Make sure you're not extrapolating based solely on the first 80%.

Martyrd0m

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
NJ
I does seem to charge faster then the other models. But hey who can complain with that. Anyone have a charger that makes noise? My wife had her phone plugged in and the charger cube was making this high pitched noise and it went away once I unplugged it.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
i have never timed any of my devices, but the ip5 doesn't seem unusually faster than my ip4, ipod touches or iPads...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.