Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
This isn't daylight saving time, (which, isn't all that hard to do), it's a year. When you consider it's a flagship part of iOS 6, it's quite sloppy on Apple's part.
Here is my screen cap. @@ can't imagine every year the clock app / alarms are on the front page of MacRumors...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 145

Munas

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
I am in EU and it is 2 hours when "Do not disturb" should be off already, however, it is not. Turning it off and on manually seams to fixed it for a year...
Thank you for forcing me to look to my phone...

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Perhaps part of the code that determines when to deactivate DND checks the year along with the time? Maybe the DND isn't turning off because it isn't finding 2012 in the date - and therefore would explain why it would work if you turn it off manually and then back on - since the 2013's match?

That said, even with any other iOS issues, I refuse to believe that Apple is that sloppy... I hope.

Sounds reasonable. It would be weird if DND depends on time though. :confused:

iMeanIt

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
Temporarily in Michigan
You've got to be kidding!

Earth-shattering news indeed - 'impossible to overlook such a blatant mobile OS flaw! This news should have been transmitted via the Emergency Broadcast System - we'll be lucky if planet Earth doesn't spin-out of its solar orbit and careen into the fiery disk of the Sun!

Apple is doomed! I fear for those (few) who may be waking or going to sleep in another time dimension - God have pity on their souls...

sitsonthefence

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2012
London, UK
Did not get the error.

I wonder though if DND does not work occasionally for a small set of users and nobody reports it and its only made the news because of the day that's in it.

Could this just be a "normal" bug?

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
remember a few years ago alarms stopped working on a specific date and caused a bunch of people to miss their jobs lol. I wish Apple could test and error proof their software more. I bet android don't make these silly mistakes and I am an apple fan.

I can start to see why so many people are switching to android lately. Cheaper, just as good if not better and seems to be more talk of the town than iPhone is these days too.

Out of all the advertisements for phones i see these days 80% of them are for android devices.

themacs

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
I see the ‘Do Not Disturb’ icon appear outside the sheduled range when setting a range starting at 00:00.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
What about just turning the "bleeping" thing off for the holidays, It won't kill you?

"we've tried to reach you for the past 24 hours. I was trying to tell you that your son was hit by a drunk driver on new years eve. he passed away 2 minutes ago."

pbush25

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Seriously... Is this all you guys (and girls) have to do? How about you go spend time with your friends and family and stop crying about a silly little problem. If you're not observant enough to notice the moon in the status bar, I'm sure you weren't missing much else on your phone.

Have a good day with your family and try not to ruin it because DND isn't working.

Happy New Year!

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Seriously... Is this all you guys (and girls) have to do? How about you go spend time with your friends and family and stop crying about a silly little problem. If you're not observant enough to notice the moon in the status bar, I'm sure you weren't missing much else on your phone.

Have a good day with your family and try not to ruin it because DND isn't working.

Happy New Year!

No! I am suicidal because Do Not Disturb is not working. It's my best friend - the most useful feature of iOS 6. It's now gone. I CAN'T LIVE ANYMORE!!!! :rolleyes:

Reality: It's not a huge problem. But a problem that needs to be fixed ASAP.

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
Works fine for me. I'm on 6.1 though and as I am using this phone for work I keep the option to have all calls come through, only the notification tones are muted :)

Akshunhiro

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
This afternoon, I noticed my iPad was still in DND but iPhone wasn't. Both scheduled for the same times.

This has affected me severely and I'll be suing Apple for mental anguish...

TechieGeek

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
remember a few years ago alarms stopped working on a specific date and caused a bunch of people to miss their jobs lol. I wish Apple could test and error proof their software more. I bet android don't make these silly mistakes and I am an apple fan.

I can start to see why so many people are switching to android lately. Cheaper, just as good if not better and seems to be more talk of the town than iPhone is these days too.

Out of all the advertisements for phones i see these days 80% of them are for android devices.

Galaxy S3 user reporting in....no clock issues here :D

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
"we've tried to reach you for the past 24 hours. I was trying to tell you that your son was hit by a drunk driver on new years eve. he passed away 2 minutes ago."

Couldn't you just turn on the option where the phone actually rings when someone calls you three consecutive times?

Last edited by a moderator:

pigbrother

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
I'm from Romania (GMT + 2). "Do not disturb" is set on my iPhone 4S and iPad 3rd gen between 23:00 and 07:00. iOS 6.0.1. No problem, i checked now and they both turned off as they should.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Couldn't you just turn on the option where the phone actually rings when someone calls you three consecutive times? That's so dumb of you.

he said turn the "bleeping" thing off. bleeping -> noise -> phone makes noise -> he meant turn off the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.