Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phluid13

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
Apple isn't going downhill from here. Geez people. How soon we forget that apple has had these issues since Steve was alive. Just because he is gone doesn't mean that apple is getting worse. Not everything is perfect and the rest of everything made by apple works just as good, if not better, than some other devices. Most everything that is. They still have work to do.

tbl

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Failed to turn on at my scheduled 1AM PST here. We'll see if it'll turn itself off automatically in the morning...

Griggi

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
I had this issue on my iPhone 5, iPhone 4 and iPad Mini this morning here in Germany. Turned it off manually now.

photographypro

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
American in Pisa (Italy)
Not working in Italy

i actually turned off the "do not disturb" last nights so my kids in America could call me. However this morning at 11 AM I see the crescent moon in the top even though I'm set to not be disturbed between 10:30 PM and 7 AM. Hopefully they get this fixed soon. I thought maybe the phone was on California time, but it is set to the Rome TimeZone and my clock is correct.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Couldn't you just turn on the option where the phone actually rings when someone calls you three consecutive times? That's so dumb of you.

That's 2 consecutive times within 3 minutes...

robpow

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
Wirelessly posted

You got an S3 running iOS 6!? Well it is a step in the right direction!

;0)

SwoopIOM

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Isle of Man
Just tried to randomly set another time to see if the DND feature is working, it's not so therefore we will have to wait for a software update by Apple which obviously will take forever!!! HNY Folks :)

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Breaking news! iOS source code revealed! Explains all stupid bugs that should not even relate to the current year! Would have killed thousands of people at the end of 1999!

if(currentYear == 2012){
automaticallyDisableDoNotDisturb = true;
}else{
automaticallyDisableDoNotDisturb = false;
print("Looks like it's time to get a new phone buddy!");
beginHardwareMeltdown();
};

batchtaster

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
Apple didn't want to silence the phone for the New Year. What with all the greeting calls and all...

it's not a bug, it's a feature; your iOS device wants you to hear all the 'happy new year' texts from your friends!

I don't think you understand the meaning of "'Do Not Disturb' not shutting off".

iOS knows from you drunk dialling your ex, your questionable and off-horizontal photos, erratic GPS co-ordinates and (unusually) poor spelling that you have a hangover. If DND has not deactivated, it's because you have something to be ashamed of and it's letting you sleep it off.

pietrodiana

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2004
Workaround

I had this problem this morning. I have my DND set from 00:00 to 07:00
I managed to work around the 'issue' by changing my schedule to 23:59 to 07:00 - hey presto, problem eliminated.

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
Mine worked fine in the Uk

My iphone 5 turned on DND last night at 11:30 NYE and turned DNd off when I woke up this morning

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
I missed a couple of calls this morning because of this. No big deal for me but it's depressing to see the usual cultish dismissal of the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.