Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Mine was scheduled to turn on at 1 am. Turn off at 4am... Of course it turned on. It's now 6:32 am and it hasn't shut off

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
At least they didn't leave out the whole month of December like google did

Wow....trolling for an argument?

I had issues at first with 3rd party app alerts but recently it seems to be fine (or I'm sleeping through alerts lol). I only use it on occasion though. Does what I'd expect out of it....

theanimaster

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
I had one weird bug where, I restored my iPhone 5 (using the Restore All option from the Settings app) and the next day my alarm goes off, as it used to be set to before the restore.

Then it hit me -- HOW?

I opened the Clock app and sure enough -- NO ALARMS were present -- as it should be when a "full" restore from the Settings app is performed.

Scary, scary, iPhone ghost? But still -- it woke me up (and I even had to swipe it silent) that morning... which was a good thing.... friggin' freaky though.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Mine is still on, just noticed it now. Looks like Apple should hire a guy who's only job is to test year end/DST/time zone transitions.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Yup...

2q3q1ll.jpg

Marv89

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2012
Had the same issue, no problem for me (ipad mini), but maybe a bit emberassing that apple can't handle a simple a simple date-change properly (this is not the first time)

TimMACman

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
Just like the prior rumor about failing alarm clocks in previous years, My iPhone came out of do not disturb phone like expected for New Years day without issue...

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Every... ****ing... Year...
My thought EXACTLY. How do they have an issue with something every single year??? Has no one at Apple ever dealt with a January 1st date on their equpiment.

This actually doesn't surprise me. I've started looking forward to a new mishap every year. Calendars, iCal, Clocks, scheduled events, etc. it has to be something.

If something doesn't happen to an Apple device on January 1st, my day isn't quite right. I've come to accept it. As absurd as it is, it's just become the new normal.

I turned it off (and back on) in my Notifications section, but turning it off the Do Not Disturb switch in Settings didn't do anything. Looks ok now, I guess. No need to reboot; just toggle.

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
Yep... This happened to me this morning (11pm - 5:30am).... Had to restart my phone, guess I could have just turned off the feature.
Hopefully the same thing won't happen tomorrow morning.

Bad Apple.

zipster

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2011
What about just turning the "bleeping" thing off for the holidays, It won't kill you?

That's not the point.

And plenty of people work during the "holidays" or need to contact friends and family, so they need their devices.

Ecofriend

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2012
My iPhone 5 shut off DND like normal, but my iPad 2 didn't. Some weird glitch. Just turn off DND, turn off the schedule, then turn the schedule back on,

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
IOS 'do not disturb' gate ....

Maybe I should check Apple Maps for locations of mountains that were once molehills.

Torrijos

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
Happened to me, not a big deal though, but still I always wonder what the bug is (as a developer I wish we had more details just to avoid making the same mistake one day).

iamkarlp

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
This isn't daylight saving time, (which, isn't all that hard to do), it's a year. When you consider it's a flagship part of iOS 6, it's quite sloppy on Apple's part.

All time/date calculations are done in one library/module usually.

No individual part of dealing with time is overly complex, but taken in it's whole, which is how we deal with such things, it is complex.

Again, it is quite silly, a little embarrassing even, but everyone struggles with this stuff.

Karl P

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.