Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
My Good Lady downloaded and album onto her phone using my Apple ID unfortunately for me it has managed to get itself onto my iPad and no matter what I have tried I can't get rid of it.

I have un-ticked, unsynced and undone everything in itunes and it's still there.

I have tried deleting my whole music collection on the pad and reloading it, still there!

I have deleted the album from itunes , unhidden it from purchases ( didn't even know you could hide things) and turned off the cloud thing, its still there.

On the ipad when I deleted everything, it stayed there. It won't let me swipe to delete the album and it won't let me delete the tracks individually.

Can anybody please tell me what simple step I am missing to be able to get rid of this insidious rubbish?

Thanks all.

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Everything everywhere I can find to do with syncing I have turned off. The problem seams to be that I can't get rid of it off the ipad. It does not show up on the playlists I sync too from itunes, and in itunes it shows up like this

ScreenShot2013-01-02at141201_zps4c4b76c1.png

I have signed out of the cloud and erased this insidious pile of poo from all devices conected with the account EXCEPT the ipad which is where I want to get rid of it but can't.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Oops sorry I didn't make it clearer I meant in your iTunes settings in your device. Here is a screen shot from my ipad of what to turn off. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357157515.709243.jpg

It is under iTunes and AppStore
Make sure those are off

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Yup, everything is off, not connected to cloud, other things nout.

the stuff seams to be stuck on my ipad with no way of getting rid of it. It doesn't show in itunes as being on the pad and is not showing in the playlist i sync too.

Most frustrating.

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
I'd think he tried that, but try this one more time.

I have tried that.

Usually if you touch and hold the album cover a black cross appears top right , touch that and it's gone, this is not happening.

When on track listings if you swipe, as said, a red delete button will appear, press that and the track is gone, this does not happen. I have a round "button" with a dot in the middle which does absolutely nout.

A pox upon the "Now Thats What I Call Christmas" album and all those upon it ( except Greg Lake)

Andyyyy

macrumors member
May 27, 2012
I have this problem too :( and it also happens with some TV episodes I used to have on there. I don't think the episodes take up any space, however they are showing up in light gray like the songs.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I have this problem too :( and it also happens with some TV episodes I used to have on there. I don't think the episodes take up any space, however they are showing up in light gray like the songs.

Does it have a little cloud symbol next to it?

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
GOOD NEWS!

I think there gone!

Don't ask me how, I honestly have no clue. I took it in to the IT Monkey House at work and one of the IT Monkeys took my iPad from me looked at what I had already tried and gave me back my pad. She, for it was a very fine female of the IT Monkey species, didn't actually adjust anything on the pad but the press and hold, black cross in the corner, press to delete, button came up and worked!

Now that's what I call skill:D

The insidious album " Now that's what I call Christmas 3,000,0000" has now left the iPad. Proof of the pudding ,however, will come when I plug it back into my mac tonight and see if it re installs.

A BIG thank you to all who tried to help and for just taking the time to try and help this Neanderthal hammer swinger with a very minor bit very irritating ( for somebody as anal as me) problem.

Last edited:

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
GOOD NEWS!

I think there gone!

Don't ask me how, I honestly have no clue. I took it in to the IT Monkey House at work and one of the IT Monkeys took my iPad from me looked at what I had already tried and gave me back my pad. She, for it was a very fine female of the IT Monkey species, didn't actually adjust anything on the pad but the press and hold, black cross in the corner, press to delete, button came up and worked!

Now that's what I call skill:D

The insidious album " Now that's what I call Christmas 3,000,0000" has now left the iPad. Proof of the pudding ,however, will come when I plug it back into my mac tonight and see if it re installs.

A BIG thank you to all who tried to help and for just taking the time to try and help this Neanderthal hammer swinger with a very minor bit very irritating ( for somebody as anal as me) problem.

That's great to hear! Lets just hope they don't come back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.