Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
The other day google maps told me it would take 17 minutes to travel to my destination and it took 19 minutes. Google really needs to get their act together. Totally ridiculous. I'm calling this googlemapsGate.

I actually know people that do this. lol.

kavlo26

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2007
Same issue here. iPhone 5 and ipad 3 are still in do not disturb. Changed the time stuff to 12:01 etc. No go on 6.0.2. :confused:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
You do realize that local alarms still go off even when DND is on. So, what's the big issue?

The picture below was taken when my phone was asleep. I didn't have it on, disabling DND.

Of course, this didn't affect me as mine turned DND off before I woke up this morning (set from 8p-4:45a during the week).

That said, I find it more of an annoyance that you can't schedule days to have DND scheduled on or off at certain times. I sleep 3 hours later on the weekends than I do during the week.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 01, 11 22 04 AM.png
    Photo Jan 01, 11 22 04 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:

kohinahi

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Same here - helped get a better night's sleep! ;o)

Experienced the same issue. Resolved it by clicking "Settings" and turning "DND" off. ;)

iOS is very smart...realized that it was Jan 1st and knew that people who partied needed their DND extended! :D

iPhone 5 - iOS 6.0.1

photographypro

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
American in Pisa (Italy)
I fixed it! (I think)

i actually turned off the "do not disturb" last nights so my kids in America could call me. However this morning at 11 AM I see the crescent moon in the top even though I'm set to not be disturbed between 10:30 PM and 7 AM. Hopefully they get this fixed soon. I thought maybe the phone was on California time, but it is set to the Rome TimeZone and my clock is correct.

Leaving Do Not Disturb ON, click Notifications underneath, then click Do Not Disturb, then flip the Scheduled Switch Off and On, and that should fix it.

Fixed it for me!

----------

Mine was scheduled from 3 am to 7 am but was still on long after 7...

While leaving it ON, try flipping the Scheduled switch off and on. Fixed it for me!

skidoobie

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Iphone 4s x3

We are having this issue as well. It's noon here now MNT. All 3 of our iPhone 4s have the do not disturb bug/issue/thanks apple for letting me sleep in this day. How ever my brother's iPhone 4 did not appear to have it. All running IOS6. Our iPad 2 Do Not Disturb feature wasn't in use so can't verify that one.

mocciat

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Northern California
Happens if your do not disturb was set to start at 12:00AM/midnight. Just change it to 11:59 or 12:01 and problem solved.

Problem not solved, try putting it at 11:59pm to initiate and set the termination time to 2 minutes past the time it is right now. Wait 4 minutes and the DND does not shut itself off.

Your workaround simply made the moon go away.

dmitri123

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Android forgot DECEMBER, dude..

remember a few years ago alarms stopped working on a specific date and caused a bunch of people to miss their jobs lol. I wish Apple could test and error proof their software more. I bet android don't make these silly mistakes and I am an apple fan.

I can start to see why so many people are switching to android lately. Cheaper, just as good if not better and seems to be more talk of the town than iPhone is these days too.

Out of all the advertisements for phones i see these days 80% of them are for android devices.

Except Android forgot that DECEMBER existed...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/18/android-4-2-bug-omits-december-from-the-people-app/

Everybody makes mistakes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.