Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Sorry but awful commercial showcasing the app. Don't need to see it spin 3 times and yeah would be nice to actually see some video. Anyway I would buy almost anything and at 99 cents wouldn't think twice on something but since I hate the add so much I'm gonna pass

Morshu9001

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
the capital of Assyria
This is one of those things where the coolness factor totally outweighs the usefulness factor.

Yeah, but it's still useful because doing it by hand is inaccurate. That is, of course, if you are able to make a photo from the 360˚ video.

----------

This is awesome, but why a 360º video? Wouldn't a 360º panoramic still image be a lot cooler?

I was expecting it to make a photo from the video. Just a video of the thing spinning is useless!

fxapple

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2010
Illinois
Really cool idea but so far I've tried it on granite and several other smooth surfaces with a full 360 degree turn. It gets to 180 degrees sometimes. Very disappointed for the limited turn results look great.

twizynorthwood

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Tried it on 3 different surfaces and it does not work

Glass table - goes 20% of the way round
Polished wood table doesnt work
Formica top - doesnt go round at all

With case on it falls over
Interesting idea but now 99c down and no app that works

garylapointe

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2006
Dearborn (Detroit), MI, USA
Should we start a pool on how long until this gets pulled?

I've sure this violates something from the Apple guidelines. I'm sure vibrate motor is designated for feedback and not for propelling the device around...

That said, this is very cool :)

Gary

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
it sounds like a fun gimmick.
unfortunately it does not work very well on iPhone 4.
so far i have tried it on about a dozen surfaces (all polished) and it only worked once.
probably nice for the iPhone 5, but for the 4 i wouldn't recommend it.

and it would be much much better if it worked making a panorama picture, rather than a movie

another thing that is poorly designed is that you have to get out of the app an into the regular camera app to delete a video just made if you don't like it (unless i am missing something)

Last edited:

chrismaddern

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
This is an amazing concept!!

CamAround does practically the same, for free, and adds video filters and smoother video.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camaround-360-hands-free-video/id590455394?mt=8

Worth a look for free!!

switon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
RE: Cycloramic Proposed Mechanism...

Hi all,

I submitted a post to the iPhone Tips forum concerning a Proposed Mechanism for the Cycloramic app that I had found on the Internet, asking for any comments in my post. While the post garnered a fair number of views, nobody has had any comments. I guess I was hoping for a discussion of the merits of this proposal, but none arose. So I'm thinking that perhaps I posted in the wrong forum. In any case, here is the link to the earlier posting, if anyone is interested:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1532746/

Regards,
Switon

edhchoe

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2011
I am like 11 months behind but still... I am having a lot of fun with it!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.