Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vjaaan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
I had been able to print on the HP Photosmart D7260 that is on my home network (using my Macbook Pro running Lion, in another room), but now it won't work. Says the printer is not connected, though it is. I spent hours on the phone with Verizon FIOS tech support, everything seems set up correctly from their end.

I have printer settings set to share, and the IP address of the printer listed in my settings. I can't think what else is wrong.

Printer works fine with ethernet cable. Used to print remotely from MacBook. Wifi for internet fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:

vjaaan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
I now can get the laptop to send some sort of message to the printer via the network, but it does not print the page correctly. It sends one line of gibberish and then shoots out lots of blank pages.

Does this information help describe the nature of my problem? It must be a setting somewhere.....

Thanks for any help!

vjaaan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Well, I kept trying things and finally seem to have it printing again. There are still some glitches, but I think I am working those out. I had to rename the printer in some settings and reset the default printer. Still having trouble getting OpenOffice to use the correct printer though. Anyone familiar with Oo?

vjaaan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Well, the same thing has happened again. The printer will no longer work from the Macbook Pro laptop. I don't see where any settings have changed anywhere, and Verizon says the IP address of the router has not changed.

Any suggestions on where to start all over with this?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.