Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Here's the back. Sorry about the low light.

This combination looks fantastic. Very creative of you to put it together. To bad it cost close to $300 dollars to put together.

I'm surprised the O rings fit under the Sector 5.

Josh333

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
This combination looks fantastic. Very creative of you to put it together. To bad it cost close to $300 dollars to put together.

I'm surprised the O rings fit under the Sector 5.

Thanks, I actually had to shave down the center of the O ringings to get them to fit.

Misaflow

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
Hello guys, newbie here.

I just wanna ask, does this case really do have lay on table on the front side of the phone? Because I already installed mine and notice that, the back side do have the lip while the front side barely have, in fact it doesn't have provide the lay on table if i put the phone front side down.

Just wanna know if I'm positioning the phone wrongly in the bracket or; its normal for this case.

Thanks.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Hello guys, newbie here.

I just wanna ask, does this case really do have lay on table on the front side of the phone? Because I already installed mine and notice that, the back side do have the lip while the front side barely have, in fact it doesn't have provide the lay on table if i put the phone front side down.

Just wanna know if I'm positioning the phone wrongly in the bracket or; its normal for this case.

Thanks.

Mine is closer on the front than the back, but there is some slight lay on the table protection for the front

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Here's the back. Sorry about the low light.

That looks absolutely incredible. I really want to get one but am only interested in the backplate. Do you think that the backplate could be attached to the back of the iPhone 5 using 3M adhesive tape?

Misaflow

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
Mine is closer on the front than the back, but there is some slight lay on the table protection for the front

Okay.. I guess its normal.. Real close on mine. If I put my phone front side down, the top left area touch :/
Its just that I'm already get used with the gap on my previous phone has, Vapor Pro Spectra.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

PabloHerrera

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2011
South Dakota
Denver Broncos iPhone

My Sector 5 case in silver. GO BRONCOS!!!

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 129

Josh333

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
That looks absolutely incredible. I really want to get one but am only interested in the backplate. Do you think that the backplate could be attached to the back of the iPhone 5 using 3M adhesive tape?

It can be, I actually had it attaced that way at first.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Okay.. I guess its normal.. Real close on mine. If I put my phone front side down, the top left area touch :/
Its just that I'm already get used with the gap on my previous phone has, Vapor Pro Spectra.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Mine has lay on the table protection in the front also, not as much as the back but still enough even with a screen protector on, you might want to try to reposition it

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Here's mine. Bought FE and Black Ops.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 151667030394.jpg
    151667030394.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 151667081441.jpg
    151667081441.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Which do you prefer? Can you please post more pictures of Black Ops version.

i prefer the FE actually for the contrast look, but the Black Ops gives the black iPhone a stealth look thats the reason why i buy both so i can switch around everyday :D

Attachments

• 151917885955.jpg
    151917885955.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 187
  • 151917694079.jpg
    151917694079.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 175

pokenguyen

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
i prefer the FE actually for the contrast look, but the Black Ops gives the black iPhone a stealth look thats the reason why i buy both so i can switch around everyday :D

I agree, the FE version looks standout more than the stealth Black Ops. However, I find BO cooler, especially with the included holster. Have you tried it?:D

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
I agree, the FE version looks standout more than the stealth Black Ops. However, I find BO cooler, especially with the included holster. Have you tried it?:D

Yep tried it, but its abit tight and i worry over time it will make the anodize aluminum drop its paint... or probably i'm being too paranoid... :confused:

akiraboi

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
USA
All these great pictures make me excited about receiving my case tomorrow! After seeing all the delayed order posts from those who placed orders from Element Case I went ahead and sent emails to some of their authorized resellers. Found a couple that still had the First Editions in stock (color I wanted with black hinges and screws) and was able to get that shipped out within a day.

ogamiitto

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
hey, people....first post here.

real quick, i just wanted to thank all of you who have posted here to share your thoughts and pictures on this product. it really helps those of us who want to do research on this stuff before we buy. so thanks!

while i haven't looked at every page in this thread....i haven't found many comments from anyone who've ordered the Ronin. well , i did read a negative one....so , there's that.

regardless, i went ahead and ordered one. i think it looks beautiful. maybe it because i personally like the feel of wood and smell/feel of leather on the wallet case that comes with it.

while i dig the look of the sectcor 5 and the black ops....the real selling point to me was the wallet case. i can see using that...unlike the black ops case ( i'm not the clip your phone to the belt type) or the sector 5 one( seems a little to bulky to fit in a pants pocket. not to mention the zipper aspect of it makes it a little more inconvenient to take my phone in and out of.

the leather backplate is cool too. i can see keeping that clean a lot easier that the suede one.

seeing a lot of your photos here on these cases , is making me feel like picking up the sector 5. that in silver is probably the best look for the white iPhone 5 IMO.

now, i have a iphone 5 in white. i don't think that looks as good as the black one in the Ronin case....so i hopped on over to sticker boy and got a matt black wrap, which looks pretty sharp.

i ordered on the 24th of Dec., and at the time they said they were shipping on the 27th. now it says they are shipping on Jan. 7th......does anybody know if that's for recent orders only.....or did they just delay delivery?

Last edited:

akiraboi

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
USA
i ordered on the 24th of Dec., and at the time they said they were shipping on the 27th. now it says they are shipping on Jan. 7th......does anybody know if that's for recent orders only.....or did they just delay delivery?
Do you mean you ordered the Sector 5 Silver and it's being delayed? Seems like that's a common theme here. You might have better luck contacting one of their authorized resellers (like I did) and seeing if they have stock on hand for immediate shipping. If so you'll have your case in hand sooner and won't have to wait around for a ship date that seems to be a moving target right now.

ogamiitto

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Do you mean you ordered the Sector 5 Silver and it's being delayed? Seems like that's a common theme here. You might have better luck contacting one of their authorized resellers (like I did) and seeing if they have stock on hand for immediate shipping. If so you'll have your case in hand sooner and won't have to wait around for a ship date that seems to be a moving target right now.

i did read your post on that....and that's a great idea. but, i ordered the Ronin actually, and seeing all your pics in this thread of your Sector 5s i was tempted to get one. that's what i meant to get across.

the question i have now, is that when i ordered that Ronin on Dec. 24th, they warned you on the site that shipping wouldn't start on any of their iphone 5 cases until the 27th. now i check the site, and the dates been changed to january 7th. so, i wondering if that's for orders that took place after the 27th, or are the delaying shipping for all orders?

when i log onto their site and read my invoice it still reads shipping the 27th, and it states that i can't edit the order because it's in the final stages of processing.....i'm hoping that's the case and not some default answer.

all you guys here have made me into some case freak. i blame all of you for my impatience :)

james341

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
Hey you all:
Did you know we can buy the replica from Ali express for only 30$ .
I found out in Aliexpress some sellers that sell it and it look the same .
I ordered mine Nd got it and will upload some photos so you all can see.
I don't have the original so I don't know if there's a difference .
Do you know if I can only order the backplate and the skin that you put on the iPhone under the case?

james341

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
Hoo.... Sorry
Just 1 question - I see the lots of you order the lucky lab skin - I also want to order but in the photos in the forum I see that the skin is also on the volume buttons and I like it very much buy in there site I don't see the skin is on the buttons - is it special skin?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.