Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Absolutely not.
Who told you that??

The new iBook uses PC2700 (333 MHz) non-ECC unbuffered DDR SODIMMs

I recommend you look at a reputable seller who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model Mac, offers a lifetime warranty and a no-cost return if it doesn't work.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

gizmo_pony

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
CanadaRAM said:
Absolutely not.
Who told you that??

The new iBook uses PC2700 (333 MHz) non-ECC unbuffered DDR SODIMMs

I recommend you look at a reputable seller who texts and guarantees compatibility with your model Mac, offers a lifetime warranty and a no-cost return if it doesn't work.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

someone at the applecentre told me dat ... wtf ... ermmm

thanx canadaram for the clarification ... anyway, what is ur recommendation for 1 gb stick for my new ibook ? and i am in malaysia actually ... need it fast bcoz i ll be going abroad soon ... thanx

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
gizmo_pony said:
someone at the applecentre told me dat ... wtf ... ermmm

thanx canadaram for the clarification ... anyway, what is ur recommendation for 1 gb stick for my new ibook ? and i am in malaysia actually ... need it fast bcoz i ll be going abroad soon ... thanx
I don't know any sources in the Far East, and you're going to have some difficulty ordering from North America, both from a payment and a shipping point of view. We receive so many fraudulent orders (stolen charge card numbers) that we no longer accept or reply to orders from Southeast Asia or Africa -- it's not worth our time to search for the one honest person out of the 500 cheats.

I would look for a memory company in your region who demonstrates they know Macs.

gizmo_pony

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
i am lookin for american company that offers online orders and paying using wire transfer ...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
ECC has been sporadic at best in Macs, know the new XServe and IIci used ECC memory -- some other machines could use them with no ill effects in a pinch.

Can't think what else used them between the IIci and the XServe G5.

But ECC really hasn't been supported much by Apple for a long time.

Don't see why somebody would say a Mac requires ECC these days. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.