Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple posted a new television ad today highlighting their "Do Not Disturb" feature. Professional tennis players Serena and Venus Williams are shown playing ping-pong against the narrator in a dream:

Ever had a really cool dream? I'm having one right now. I don't want to be disturbed. And I won't because before I went to sleep, I set this. Now my iPhone knows not to ring unless its important. Cause disturbing this would just be... Wrong.
Ironically, the new ad comes on the same day that a bug in the scheduled Do Not Disturb feature prevented it from turning off on many iPhones.

Article Link: Apple Promotes 'Do Not Disturb' in TV Ad On Same Day as New Year's Day Bug Discovered

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Irony.jpg

Nathan20

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
Apple purposely prevented it from switching off so their new years dreams lasted longer :p

frozen220

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
My Bookmarks are ALL gone today!!! Anyone else?!?

Completely gone. Every single one and every folder.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
I'm stunned at the banality of this ad.

On another note if you know you are dreaming and therefore are glad you set your phone to dnd then that means that you are lucid dreaming. And in a lucid dream you can do anything. I don't mean pretty well anything, I mean anything. And if the best this chap can do is a game of tennis then I'm afraid that is very very sad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.