Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Haven't seen that " Wirelessly posted" appear recently.

Could also rock this app on Android, which allows you to edit the user string :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-02-01-04-23.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-02-01-04-23.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
If this report is true he hasn't has a lot of time has he? I mean Cook's re-org was announced end of October. And how much really gets done in December with the Holidays and people being on vacation?

Apple doesn't care about holidays or family. All that matters is profit. Ive probably worked on Christmas and is working today. :apple:

tdtran1025

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2011
A new A7X, probably with more than 2 CPU cores with higher clock speed, and same GPU cores to drive the 4.8" retina screen.

rlmccormick

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
What I have wanted since the first iPad is a way for my wife and I to have separate logins so our stuff isn't intermingled.

Here's what I want to see in iOS 7...

1. Weather on the lock screen (at the very least)
2. Camera app also snaps QR codes
3. Vehicle mode - no texting if device is moving > 5 mph
4. Better POI on Maps
5. Siri SDK
6. Siri Translation (translates from English to French, for example)
7. NFC
8. Apple TV SDK
9. PowerNap
10. Split screen mode on iPad (use two apps at same time)
11. Real multi-tasking (per app basis, use Settings to activate)
12. LinkedIn Integration (especially with Contacts)
13. iCloud Printing - accesses printer drivers in iCloud to print on any printer on the network
14. Combine Newsstand and iBooks (Books, Magazines, Newspapers, PDFs)
15. Bike paths on Maps or Better Routing App integration
16. iPad style clocks on iPhone

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Good god it's the 1st January and so far today I've seen my first TV commercial for Easter, and now predictions of iPhone 6 and iOS 7... When will the madness end? ;)

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I believe you mean the both of them. Ive does the design, while the software team will do all the coding behind it.

I always thought Ive delt more on the hardware design side. And less on the software side. But I could be wrong.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Ive is going to roll out a Post-phone era iPhone, no screen, just a hunk of machined aluminium and glass that vibrates slightly to tell you your having a call, which you wont be able to take on the device itself, because thats a feature no one uses there mobile phone for anymore, but its ok, because it will cost $2000 plus $100 a month with a contact for the life of you , your children and your grandchildren's life span.

ive gone back to carrying a plain old non-smart phone , it makes calls, texts and has the battery life of a week not a day.. for all the stuff i used to do on my "smart phone", well, im moving that to a 7" android tablet because it fits in my jacket pocket and i can carry that around for the day for browsing and email, and the larger screen is great.

iPhone, even with the slightly taller screen, is just too small to do everything that the smartphone has evolved into, and the iPad Mini, they just missed out on that being the right size for jacket pockets,

an iPhone every 8-6 months or less is going to pee people off no end, unless the two year contracts drop back down to 12 months but the prices stay the same.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
There have been few hints about what might be expected in iOS 7 and the next generation iPhone, though there have been persistent rumors of Apple investigating the use of Near Field Communication for payments.

While we have "few hints" about iOS 7, we can rest assured that it will be revolutionary and magical. My guess is that Apple stores will have special POS stations where customers will be able to scan their purchases and tap a payment point with their iPhones to complete the transaction.

It will be so revolutionary and magical that customers will want to buy apple stuff just to get a chance to use it, with lines forming outside Apple Stores the night before the debut.

I think that iOS 7 will also update existing stuff with cosmetic changes and other minor/major tweaks. Easier ways to buy stuff from the online iStore using your iOS device maybe? iTunes further integrated into third-party social networks? Fewer skeuomorphisms ?

Last edited:

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2004

4. Better POI on Maps
5. Siri SDK
7. NFC
8. Apple TV SDK
9. PowerNap
13. iCloud Printing - accesses printer drivers in iCloud to print on any printer on the network

I think you'd be better off getting an Android phone than waiting for these features from Apple.

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I always thought Ive delt more on the hardware design side. And less on the software side. But I could be wrong.

Ive was given ownership of UI design when Forstall was let go.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/12/06/tim-cook-talks-forstall-jony-ives-new-design-role-samsung-and-more/
On Jony Ive and his new role at the company:
Jony [Ive, senior vice president of industrial design], who I think has the best taste of anyone in the world and the best design skills, now has responsibility for the human interface. I mean, look at our products. (Cook reaches for his iPhone.) The face of this is the software, right? And the face of this iPad is the software. So it’s saying, Jony has done a remarkable job leading our hardware design, so let’s also have Jony responsible for the software and the look and feel of the software, not the underlying architecture and so forth, but the look and feel.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010

4. Better POI on Maps
5. Siri SDK
7. NFC
8. Apple TV SDK
9. PowerNap

Keep dreaming! :)

Gigaman

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2011
Drastic? Radical? It's been done with iOS 6; if anything, we should be seeking consistency, Ive already delivers on the aesthetics front.

rezivor

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010

4. Better POI on Maps
5. Siri SDK
7. NFC
8. Apple TV SDK
9. PowerNap

Almost none of these would be of any use to me....and please no QR code ********.

Why would I want to restrict my phone from texting if its moving faster than 5mph. What if I'm a passenger, or on a bus, or a train, or any over moving carriage?

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
I got it! Instead of fixing OS X and iOS bugs, lets speed up the release cycles. Who cares if 10.7 and 10.8 are right awful when we can brush them under the rug with a "new" and "magical" update! Let's lower the price too, instead of $19.99 we'll make it $19.98! Now it's even more affordable!

Um, no. I just... can't...

Mountain Lion is fine. Keep running Snow Leopard to the end of time.

bollyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Manchester - UK

4. Better POI on Maps
5. Siri SDK
7. NFC
8. Apple TV SDK
9. PowerNap

Some valid points, regards point 3 thought how could you differentiate between passenger and driver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.