Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhythmdevils

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Hello everyone!
I have some really noisy crows outside my house that wake me up at the crack of dawn. I have manged to sleep through them by creating a 10hr white noise track that fades in for the first hour, and I have that setup to play at 6am on my macbookpro, which I have plugged into a mini speaker and set to never go to sleep. But I'd like to figure out a way to have my old ipod touch running IOS 4.2 do this because I don't use it anymore, and that way I wouldn't have to setup my macbook to do this every single night, I could just leave the ipod there next to the speaker and turn it off every morning. I've tried a couple alarm apps, but they aren't really designed to play the song for hours, the screen stays lit up.

Is there an app that would que the ipod app to play a song at a certain time? That way the screen would just go back to sleep.

Or maybe there's another alarm app that would do this. Most of them are designed to wake you up and be silenced, not keep playing for hours.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Sleep Cycle has a white noise option, and you can choose a song to play as your alarm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.