Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeinukraine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2012
Hey guys, I've been trying to upgrade to 5.1.1 from 4.3.3 while preserving baseband. I am on jailbroken 4.3.3 and want to upgrade to 5.1.1 jailbroken. I am using gevey to unlock my phone at the moment. I have made a custom IPSW using redsnow and snowbreeze and I get error 3194 when trying to restore using both of the custom IPSW. I have edited the host file, when I delete everything apple related I get the 3194 error, when I leave only "74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com", I get error 1604. Im stuck and dont know what to do. I baught a IMEI unlock but I'm not sure if the seller is reliable so I want to preserve baseband just in case. IMEI requires you to restore and I just feel helpless :confused:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Do you have shsh blobs saved for that i4 for iOS version 5.1.1?
If yes did you stitch those blobs to the custom ipsw you created? Did you put your iphone in pwned DFU before trying to restore to the custom no_bb 5.1.1ipsw with the stitched blobs?
If you missed or not sure about any of that stuff then it wont work.
If you bought an imei unlock for it and the seller said its done then good chances are its unlocked now.
You can always install SAM from cydia to deactivate the phone and then plug it to itunes to activate it again to see if it gives you the congradulations your iphone is unlocked message.
Have a happy new year.

Last edited:

madeinukraine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2012
Do you have shsh blobs saved for that i4 for iOS version 5.1.1?
If yes did you stitch those blobs to the custom ipsw you created? Did you put your iphone in pwned DFU before trying to restore to the custom no_bb 5.1.1ipsw with the stitched blobs?
If you missed or not sure about any of that stuff then it wont work.
If you bought an imei unlock for it and the seller said its done then good chances are its unlocked now.
You can always install SAM from cydia to deactivate the phone and then plug it to itunes to activate it again to see if it gives you the congradulations your iphone is unlocked message.
Have a happy new year.

Thanks for the fast reply!
I do have the shsh but I dont know how to stitch them to the no_bb IPSW.
Can you help me with this?
& yes I pwned DFU before I tried to restore to no_bb

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Yes, you just open up the latest redsnow again and go to extras/even more/restore/ click ipsw and select the 5.1.1 firmware and then right below it says blobs. Select "use remote blobs for restore" and it will pull them for you automatically from cydias blob server and create the custom 5.1.1 with those blobs unique for that iphone 4.

madeinukraine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2012
Yes, you just open up the latest redsnow again and go to extras/even more/restore/ click ipsw and select the 5.1.1 firmware and then right below it says blobs. Select "use remote blobs for restore" and it will pull them for you automatically from cydias blob server and create the custom 5.1.1 with those blobs unique for that iphone 4.

You are awesome! I am on 5.1.1 and the IMEI is working just fine! Now I can use redsnow to jailbreak correct?

madeinukraine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2012
You are awesome! I am on 5.1.1 and the IMEI is working just fine! Now I can use redsnow to jailbreak correct?

For everyone stuck on 3194 or 1604 error try creating custom IPSW with redsnow and stitching the shsh blobs to the custom IPSW you created, all in redsnow.

madeinukraine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2012
Yep, you're good.

Now I just need to do this to my moms phone but Im having trouble with the 3194 again :mad:
I couldnt stitch the blobs because the phone didnt have blobs for 5.1.1 on Apple or Cydia servers.
I put the phone in pwned DFU and try to restore to custom IPSW and I cant do it. She has a new bootrom 3gs on 4.1 jailbroken.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Now I just need to do this to my moms phone but Im having trouble with the 3194 again :mad:
I couldnt stitch the blobs because the phone didnt have blobs for 5.1.1 on Apple or Cydia servers.
I put the phone in pwned DFU and try to restore to custom IPSW and I cant do it. She has a new bootrom 3gs on 4.1 jailbroken.

If there is no blobs saved for it then you can never restore it to that version.
You're stuck having to go to the latest 6.0.1 or leave it as is on 4.1

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA

If it's jailbroken on 4.1 there has to be at least 1 5.X blob on cydia. Run TinyUmbrella to get a list of firmwares she can run (use "Fetch SHSH"). Then just restore to any of the 5.X firmwares she has blobs for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.