Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristIsLORD

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
Are there any more annoying memes or childish internet lingo ("epic fail") to post to further lower the intelligence quota for these forums?

I swear, just once I'd like to find a discussion forum where this sort of juvenile activity in place of thoughtful discussion is frowned upon, disciplined or banned all together.

rtdunham

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2003
St. Petersburg, FL, Northern KY
...in a lucid dream you can do anything...if the best this chap can do is a game of tennis then I'm afraid that is very very sad.

Then you don't play the game.

(There were clues that was the case: First, it's ping pong or table tennis...) :)

Also, for those complaining Apple's had a flaw in its software, as if it's the end of the world and inexcusable: It's an imperfect world, guys and girls, and even the best fail sometimes. My Subaru Outback is great, I get 30-32 mpg on the highway with all wheel drive and lots of passenger and storage space, but dealers can't get the BT to work right after multiple tries. And Toyota makes a fine car in the Prius, but on my 2010 the illumination on the steering wheel controls is so dim it can't be seen at night--and the brightness is not dealer-adjustable. Heck, I'll bet even when the otherwise perfect post on these forums they occasionally make a misteak.

Last edited:

Dan!

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
Tim was a little blatant with the Nike placement in my opinion.
Serena wears Nike though. And Venus is wearing her own brand, EleVen. It definitely looks like Serena but I can't make my mind up on Venus. It looks like her but on the other hand it doesn't. The fact that she's wearing EleVen suggests it is, but I just don't know.

EDIT: I would love to have a dream where I played the Williams sisters at table tennis. But I play tennis and I really like them so that's probably why. :)

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Why would they choose a classless athlete like Serena Williams for their ad? Horrible choice.

Last edited:

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I don't know about everyone else who experienced the bug, but I'm still experiencing it (if I turn on DND in Notifications it comes on, even though it shouldn't until 1am.) ... are we sure this bug will correct itself tomorrow?

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Are there any more annoying memes or childish internet lingo ("epic fail") to post to further lower the intelligence quota for these forums?

I swear, just once I'd like to find a discussion forum where this sort of juvenile activity in place of thoughtful discussion is frowned upon, disciplined or banned all together.

Could start your own?

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
I found it funny yet fitting that Serena is the one to storm off all pissy.... Never really liked her attitude. Her sister however I do like.

Anywho, I like the commercial and think all of you bellyaching over DND need to get a hobby.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
I didn't recognize the sisters

Are they trying to make them look white with all that makeup?

Inasmuch as the Williams sisters are my sisters in more ways than one, I don't appreciate the completion-changing heavy makeup advertisers employ to make people of color more "acceptable" to audiences. It's a common ploy that angers consumers. I am shocked that Apple has followed this prejudicial trend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...ourey-Sidibe-skin-lightening-controversy.html
http://news.yahoo.com/vaseline-ad-campaign-sparks-controversy-over-skin-whitening-175247334.html
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/28/gotta-watch-fake-advertising-or-smart-marketing/

Last edited:

dpruitt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
I didn't experience this either.

Like johncrab, I didn't experience it either, and I am in the US. I woke this morning, and it was off as normal. I think this is just another attempt to smear the awesomeness that is Apple. Mmmmm, this Kool-Aid is yummy.

NC12309

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
I swear they could make an ad showing the iPhone just booting up and all of you would think it's a fantastic ad.

This was horrible.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
They spent over $50,000 us dollars to make a commercial for something that doesn't even work

the next epic fail is already here

from apple:apple:

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
..trying to decide if this comment is funny or very racist....

Neither. The Williams sisters are much darker than they appear in the Apple ad. I am wondering why advertisers felt the need to lighten them up.

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
Ugh, these bugs aren't even funny anymore, Apple has officially reached Microsoft level. It's not just this bug, it's bug after bug after bug, on iOS and OS X. It used to be that Apple was criticized for making great software but overpriced hardware, now Apple makes amazing hardware(the 4th gen iPad, iPhone 5 and 15" retina Mbp are just amazing devices) but incredibly buggy and overall just low quality software. I miss the days(10.3, 10.4) where Apples stuff "just worked". Now with ML Terminal... Freaking Terminal, the simplest program possible, crashes with some degree of regularity.

Someone really needs to remind Tim Cook that if people are OK with buggy, frustrating experiences they can find that elsewhere for a lot cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.