Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihav0frnds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
I am pretty sure I have dust in my iphone 5 camera because I see two purple specs when I use the front camera. This should be covered under warranty. If I wait until almost one year to swap it out and get a new one to sell, would apple still let me exchange it?

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
It shouldn't be a problem, if this particular problem is really covered by your warranty.

ihav0frnds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
I don't see why it wouldn't. I attached a picture. You see two dots on the lamp. There are none really but it must be a shadow on the lens. It does it for every picture so I know it's the phone

ihav0frnds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Woops

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 86

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
I am pretty sure I have dust in my iphone 5 camera because I see two purple specs when I use the front camera. This should be covered under warranty. If I wait until almost one year to swap it out and get a new one to sell, would apple still let me exchange it?

In my experiences with Apple, they will likely replace the entire phone itself for most repairs. If you were using a 4/4S, I would say hands down that you would get a new 4/4S. The reason the 4/4S is more likely to be replaced for front camera issues is in order to get to the front camera, you need to take the entire phone apart. With the iPhone 5, you can easily remove the screen by taking out a few screws, and access the camera. I would take it in now to get it fixed because they probably won't replace your phone, they will just fix it.

Last edited:

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Sure, you'll get a replacement for the phone you originally purchased. If you're asking if this will work to get the next iPhone for free, then no, it won't.

ihav0frnds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Well I would want a newer one close to sell date is what would be ideal. Not for the next phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.