Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I have a question, what sorta battery drain do you see in standby?

I only got my iPhone on Monday (the day 6.0.2 was released I think) and I have about 2-4% drain per hour in standby with Wifi on (and in my house so it will connect), 3g and data on and bluetooth off.

Does this seem normal standby? I usually receive maybe 1 email or imessage an hour during these times and i don't really do anything (don't even unlock it).

Apples posted spec is 225hrs for standby. Therefore 100%/225=.44% per hour. If its only on standby and no apps running etc. So after 3 hrs you could expect to see 99%. Of course the meter is not linear so typically it may stay on 100% for a good while then drop off a little faster.

nampramos

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2010
It's getting very frustrating guys...

I have done a full restore, reset for the settings, etc and I still have a huge drain.

Yesterday I left home pretty early and came back even later. During the day I had to charge my phone twice.

Look at the screenshot.

Is there anything else I can do? My iPhone isn't a phone anymore. I can't get to lunch time without needing to charge it again!

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    105.9 KB · Views: 145

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
It's getting very frustrating guys...

I have done a full restore, reset for the settings, etc and I still have a huge drain.

Yesterday I left home pretty early and came back even later. During the day I had to charge my phone twice.

Look at the screenshot.

Is there anything else I can do? My iPhone isn't a phone anymore. I can't get to lunch time without needing to charge it again!

Im starting to think its the portuguese Vodafone,in 3G its like the battery drains in standby or not and reception of 3G isn't very good.

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
Since updating to 6.0.2 i've noticed a decrease in battery life. Does anyone know if Apple is working to resolve this issue?

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I am on 6.1B4 but a hunch is that IF apple changed the radio software to incorporate the WiFi fix, the engineers might have slipped in some bit if extra code for Mobile as well which is causing this blunder. And since it might be a small change, there was no need to mention in changelog.

There is a mobile feature called "Fast Dormancy" which basically tries to dial down to lower power mode when data is not being used on mobile networks which means if its enabled, the phone would have a quicker timeout to try and get down to 3G/H from H+ (for example). When disabled, this timeout is longer but the connection is much more stable.

The problem comes when the phone is forcing this strategy but the network doesnt support it at all (most countries at the moment) and this causes lot of data flickers and switching, thus draining battery more rapidly (especially in low signal areas).

As I said, its just my opinion since we cant actually look at the code.

champagnepapi

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Since I updated to 6.0.2 my missed calls don't show up in Notification center anymore. Anyone else noticed this? I really found it handy to just swipe down and choose who to call first.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
Everything ON except bluetooth, airplane mode and DND. Don't change anything.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Since I updated to 6.0.2 my missed calls don't show up in Notification center anymore. Anyone else noticed this? I really found it handy to just swipe down and choose who to call first.
Yeah I'm noticing the same thing on my new iPhone 5 (running iOS 6.0.2). While my wife's iPhone 4, running iOS 6.0.1, still seems to work fine when it comes to that.

I also noticed a single unanswered thread about this in the official Apple discussion forums from someone with an iPhone 5 using iOS 6.0.1, so might not be specifically related to 6.0.2.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
After updating to 6.02 I've had occasional issues of lag and freezing on the iPhone 5. It's annoying! This happened when swiping through the home screen and in the middle of running apps in general!

Anyone else have this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.