Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Your iPhone Colour?

• White

Votes: 84 42.6%
  • Black

Votes: 113 57.4%

• Total voters

The Bogeyman

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
Under your stairs
Mine's black. It lives inside a case, which is styled just like the naked phone. Inside it has protective stickers covering the aluminium. Currently unscratched and I want it to stay that way!

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I think I have a disease or something :p

ISSUES -
1. White iPhone - Can't stand the black gap between the screen and the shiny white bezel ... for some reason always eyes start focusing on the border rather than whats on the screen and I get a headache as to why that whole gap is not uniform !! :rolleyes:

2. Black iPhone - Can't stand smudges at all on the jet black front and end up cleaning it with my shirt every 2 mins !! :rolleyes:

GOOD-
1. White iPhone - Hardly see smudges till end of day (even though they are there) plus much more comfortable on my mind to keep it naked and enjoy as compared to black one

2. Black iPhone - Love the all jet blackness and looks really manly and screen blends into the bezel so easy on the eyes

-----------------------------
GOD HELP ME !!

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
I get White iPhones all the time. I get black iPads because I like the black bezel around the device - it's good for both watching movies but it also matches the iMac and Macbook bezel look. My iPod Classic is black and I love it -- very sleek and mature. My iPhone is the diva of my devices, though. The only white Apple device I own. I like how white looks better... tested the blacks for a while and I just didn't like it. For some reason, I hate how I can't see the proxy sensor on the black iPhone, it just makes it seem like something is missing on the phone.

The reason I didn't like black was because there are so many black smartphones out there that it didn't seem unique in any sort of real way. Yes, there are white smartphones out there, too, but not as many as black. White looks elegant, sleek, sophisticated, calming, miniamlist, and futuristic. It's also more extroverted - which matches my personality pretty well :D

Black seems more appropriate for business people and conservative people (which, funny enough, would seem to fit me, professionally speaking). But all in all, I got the white and love it -- it never shows smudges, dust, or scratches on the phone like the black phone did. Also, it could be a psychological thing, but when I look at the white iPhone it just looks thinner because the white stands out more than the black.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
I got the white iPhone as after 2+ years of having my iPhone 4, it was becoming smudge central. So I decided to get my iPhone 5 in white because in my opinion, it would be cleaner and with the two tones of the iPhone 5 specifically, I think it looks better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.