Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
First of all thanks who ever spend time to reading this post. I really need some help right now. I have an iPad II and my nephew (she is only 1 year old and she love to play with my iPad) put a really long scratch on it and I really don't have any clue how she did that. But now I really want to get rid of the scratch. Can any one give me any idea. Any suggestion is welcome.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
you cant get rid of the scratch, but may be able to cover it / fill it in with one of those wet applied screen protectors like Ghost Armor, Zagg or Armorsuit.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
you cant get rid of the scratch, but may be able to cover it / fill it in with one of those wet applied screen protectors like Ghost Armor, Zagg or Armorsuit.

Those are preventive formula. The damage is already being done. But thank you any way. By the way some of my friend told me to use industrial glass polishing chemicals to get rid of the scratch. I am afraid to use that kind of material because it should help me to get rid of the scratch but I don't know what if it totally damage my device. Is here any one who use this kind of chemical to wash iPad screen. If any please let me know. :confused:

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Those are preventive formula. The damage is already being done. But thank you any way. By the way some of my friend told me to use industrial glass polishing chemicals to get rid of the scratch. I am afraid to use that kind of material because it should help me to get rid of the scratch but I don't know what if it totally damage my device. Is here any one who use this kind of chemical to wash iPad screen. If any please let me know. :confused:

The screen protectors are preventative but the wet-application ones can hide existing scratches as well.

I would worry about attempting to polish the screen with chemicals because you may damage the existing chemical coating on the glass.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
The screen protectors are preventative but the wet-application ones can hide existing scratches as well.

I would worry about attempting to polish the screen with chemicals because you may damage the existing chemical coating on the glass.

exactly why i offered this solution. they can fill in and cover scretches due to their wet application. and i would HEAVILY advise against using any kind of glass repair or polish on an iphone/ipod/ipad screen.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
Thank you guys for quick reply. Now which cover is good and you prefer. I really don't have any idea about those cover. Let me know.

stretch350

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
Yes, you can repair and remove scratches from the iPad 2 (gorilla glass) as long as they are not too deep. Although, with any surface, deep scratches (able to feel with a fingernail) are unlikely to be repairable.

Light scratches can be removed using the correct compound for the given surface (acrylic, glass, gorilla glass) and using a buffing method to buff out the scratch(es). Be careful to not use the wrong buffing compound because it could very likely damage the surface since the different materials have a different hardness. Pertaining to gorilla glass, below is the only buffing compound I have found so far but I believe there will be more showing up in the near future as the majority of mobile devices implement the newer touch screen material.

TDI-LLC Technology - Gorilla Glass Compound

Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.