Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spacesamurai

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Osaka, Japan
Hello and Happy New Year,

I am in Japan so it is 2013, and I am finding that my iOS devices (iPhone 4 and iPad 2) are showing "Do Not Disturb" even though it is outside of the time I set for them. Not sure if this is related to the new year. Reloading the devices does not help and the software is up-to-date.

Anybody else seeing this issue?

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
A friend of mine in Australia mentioned that same thing as well. Showed a screenshot on FB of the DND moon in the status bar, yet it was outside of the designated time frame.

Its not 2013 here yet, but before it gets here I'll try to setup DND on my iPhone.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
You guys might have the DND on/off switch confused with the DND scheduled in notifications.

You can have DND scheduled in notifications while still having DND turned off in settings. If you do this DND will happen during the scheduled times you set up.

If you turn on DND in the general settings DND is on until you turn it off.
If you have DND in general settings turned on the DND schedule won't work since DND is already on.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
You guys might have the DND on/off switch confused with the DND scheduled in notifications.

You can have DND scheduled in notifications while still having DND turned off in settings. If you do this DND will happen during the scheduled times you set up.

If you have DND in general settings turned on the DND schedule won't work since DND is already on.

There's no confusion here. I mentioned in the other thread, it's the DND schedule that for some reason doesn't turn the DND mode off when it's set to. It's worked on all other days, just not today for some reason. The news link in the other thread makes it seem like a pretty widespread issue.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
There's no confusion here. I mentioned in the other thread, it's the DND schedule that for some reason doesn't turn the DND mode off when it's set to. It's worked on all other days, just not today for some reason. The news link in the other thread makes it seem like a pretty widespread issue.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm running the beta of 6.1 so Ill check it out and see if its been fixed in 6.1

Apple NZ

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
New Zealand
I have this issue too. I had to turn off DND manually from the main menu of the settings app.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357024811.515172.jpg

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2010
Same thing here
I fixed it by turning scheduling of DND off, then back on

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I had the same issue on my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 this morning (2nd Jan GMT ).

My DND was scheduled to shut off at 7am this morning on both devices however, when I checked them both at 9, the half moon crescent was still showing and DND was still on????

I just switched the feature Off & then back on (scheduled) and it seemed to resolve it.

ReValveiT

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Same here.

Last night the wifes iPhone 3Gs wouldn't enter DND, and this morning my iPhone 4 wouldn't exit DND.

Yet another epic software fail Apple. When are these going to stop?

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
I had the same issue on my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 this morning (2nd Jan GMT ).

My DND was scheduled to shut off at 7am this morning on both devices however, when I checked them both at 9, the half moon crescent was still showing and DND was still on????

I just switched the feature Off & then back on (scheduled) and it seemed to resolve it.

On/Off doesn't solve it for me. Had to turn it off. If no bug fix comes out I guess I can turn it on the 6th or 7th:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1517623/ post 187

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati

Ok this was my issue, i had it turned on and also scheduled. Here i was all excited to be apart of one of these "epic" issues.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
has anyone been to an apple store with this issue? Mine is sitting with do not disturb on but set to go off 6 house ago. Wonder if I take it in and complain they will swap it for a new/refurb phone. Mine has some chips in the band so looking for an excuse to change it ;)

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
The issue didn't happen to me yesterday, but did happen to me this morning. It's kind of weird.

I have my DND scheduled to shut off at 6:45 AM EST. However when I woke up around 8 AM this morning, I noticed that my DND was still on, turned off scheduled and will be using it manually until a fix comes.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
The issue didn't happen to me yesterday, but did happen to me this morning. It's kind of weird.

I have my DND scheduled to shut off at 6:45 AM EST. However when I woke up around 8 AM this morning, I noticed that my DND was still on, turned off scheduled and will be using it manually until a fix comes.

The bug will either start on the 1st or 2nd depending on when its scheduled and will stay like this until theres a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.