Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
still not working on jan 2nd

I didn't notice anything wrong with it yesterday on the 1st (because I was sleeping in), but it's officially on two minutes after it should have turned itself off on the 2nd.

Bezetos

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2012
far away from an Apple store
Why is Apple wasting so much money promoting such insignificant features that have already been available on other platforms for years? Will I be going too far by saying that Apple are starting to have little to say for themselves these days?

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Are they trying to make them look white with all that makeup?

Really?

So basically I should just be happy with the fact that I paid Apple money, money by the way that DOESNT have bugs, and in turn get a buggy product?.
No... you grow up and reboot your phone and reset DND. It's not rocket science. OR take the phone back and get your money back. IF this is can't be done then sell it and move on with your life. If the iPhone isn't meeting your expectations stop whining about it and do something about it.

Last edited:

DJTJ

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
I didn't notice anything wrong with it yesterday on the 1st (because I was sleeping in), but it's officially on two minutes after it should have turned itself off on the 2nd.

same here.. thought it was weird that by 8:30 my phone had not gone off once... checked it, yep, dnd was still on

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
No problems with my iPad (new - 2012).

Makes me wonder whether all the detractors have iPad or iPhones or are they simply trying to start the new year in the same old vein as trolls.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Are they trying to make them look white with all that makeup?

You're a class act buddy.

I don't know if I did something and didn't notice, but my DND never turned on. As for it turning off, I never noticed but I was sleeping late.

jpadhiyar

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ahmedabad, India
In all probability, this is the best irony of this year. Hey doesn't this look like a prank they played on all of us for the new year?

Let's look for patterns next year ;)

Moorepheus

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Niagara Falls, NY
Well, it's hit my phone. My phone is in do not disturb mode and the only way to turn it off is to turn it off...lol

Also, I agree with other posters that state this has been around for years, and it has, in fact, I had a Sony Erricson that had it way before the iPhone was a dream. I was hoping this day would come with the iPhone and when iOS 6 came out, it came true, but it only took them how many years to add it.

My question how is, what is Apple going to do to fix the iOS devices that do have this issue? I Missed 2 calls this morning just beause of this issue.

----------

Really?

No... you grow up and reboot your phone and reset DND. It's not rocket science. OR take the phone back and get your money back. IF this is can't be done then sell it and move on with your life. If the iPhone isn't meeting your expectations stop whining about it and do something about it.

I did all of that and I still have the problem. Why is it that when apple releases software with a bug in it, eveyone is ready to defend them. But if anyone release software with a bug, they are a bad company. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone, but come on, let's not have a double standard here.

nitropowered

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2003
Ohio
DND doesn't turn on for me either. I also tried turning off the schedule and creating a new one but doesn't turn on. iPhone 5 on 6.0.0

hayesk

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2003
Completely gone. Every single one and every folder.

I encountered that bug in iOS 6.0. Kill Safari (using the app switcher), and restart and your bookmarks should re-appear.

I did not think that this feature was big enough to warrant an entire ad being made about it...

The competition doesn't think so either. But then the average person sees the ad and thinks "Hey, that is neat! I've never heard of any other phone doing that" and Apple gets another sale.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
What a lot of you are forgetting (or simply dont know) is that a little glitch like that is standard on an Android device (trust me I set up two for family members over the festive period, my girlfriend has an Android, and I peviously owned a SGSII). A normal random everyday occurrence. Hmmm so and so has stopped working, lets reboot/remove the battery etc.

It is not.

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
uber epic fail... on both my iPad mini and iPhone.

Bad Apple!!!

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    166.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image.png
    image.png
    168 KB · Views: 56

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
Really?

troll much?

This is a software issue / bug... it's obvious that Apple should fix a defective product. I didn't pay my hard earned $ to get defective feature / product.

If something is wrong people have a right to complain.

Foxykhat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
In the original version of this ad, Venus pulls out through exhaustion.

Are you a two year old? Making fun at someone illness is beyond childish.

Funny thing is people act like bullying only happens in school when sites such as these are fully of bullies who hide behind a monitor and keyboard.

Foxy

Foxykhat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
Why would they choose a classless athlete like Serena Williams for their ad? Horrible choice.

Yet people never complain when Jennifer Capriati, Martina Hingis, John McInroe, Andy Roddick et al got ads.

Oh the Irony!! :cool::cool:

Oh wait, never mind.

Foxy

Hidesuru

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
What bug? I mean, did anyone actually experience it? I didn't.

I didn't know it until I saw the Macrumors article and checked, but yup. My phone was still on DND 2 hours after it was scheduled to turn off. Turned it off manually and it went back to "Schedule to come on at 00:00". Hard to tell if it will stick on again tomorrow yet.

PFox78

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Fix

Hi all,

I have been a long-time lurker, but decided to jump in now in 2013.

I have found a fix for this bug! This is what you need to do:

-Go under notifications, turn off "Scheduled" DND.
-Go back to Settings, turn on DND.
-Go back into notifications, turn on "Scheduled" DND.
-Go back to settings, turn off DND. You'll notice that right under the Moon/Do Not Disturb logo there will be a lightly grayed out "Scheduled: 12:00 am" for example.

And, that's that. Give it a shot. It worked on both my iPad and iPhone.

Hidesuru

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
It is not.

Then you either have not used 'droid or had a very rare experience.

I love android, and have used it since the original Moto droid came out (I know it wasnt the first android phone, just clarifying which one I mean). It has many advantages over the iPhone, but it also has its drawbacks. The bugginess and UI lag are the most glaring drawbacks IMHO.

I moved to iphone because I got tired of this stuff and wanted a more seamless user experience. I hate many things about Apple and specifically their walled garden, but darn if I don't have to admit it does offer the primary thing I was looking for. A good user experience at the day to day level.

----------

Hi all,

I have been a long-time lurker, but decided to jump in now in 2013.

I have found a fix for this bug! This is what you need to do:

-Go under notifications, turn off "Scheduled" DND.
-Go back to Settings, turn on DND.
-Go back into notifications, turn on "Scheduled" DND.
-Go back to settings, turn off DND. You'll notice that right under the Moon/Do Not Disturb logo there will be a lightly grayed out "Scheduled: 12:00 am" for example.

And, that's that. Give it a shot. It worked on both my iPad and iPhone.
Did you verify this actually turns off as intended the next day? I got the same grey text affect by doing nothing more than just turning DND off...

PFox78

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Did you verify this actually turns off as intended the next day? I got the same grey text affect by doing nothing more than just turning DND off...

No, I have not verified. Just tried it now. I guess we'll have to see. Surely, Apple will have to release 6.0.3 or something to ensure it gets fixed all around.

Hidesuru

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
What a butt awful commercial for Apple- to highlight a feature very few will ever use? You can power down the phone or shut the ringer off. And the Williams sisters pushing Apple tech? Bizarre. Fandroids must be in ecstasy.

I think its a very handy feature that many people use. Problem is, if you turn the ringer or phone off, EVERYTHING stops coming in (effectively at least in the case of the ringer). DND lets you do things like let your favorites get through, or allow anyone to get through if they call twice in a certain time span. This lets important things through, but filters the rest.

To me that's gold. I set it to be on when I sleep, so if some family emergency comes up in the middle of the night, I am still available, but every stinking e-mail doesn't ding to keep me awake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.