Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
There are worse ways to be killed than a midnight date with the Queen. Maybe you all should rethink your position. :cool:

That said, I apologize for not being around as much this go round. I'll do better next time.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
day3.jpg

Queen of Spades was the original werewolf who became alpha after twietee's death.

It is now NIGHT. Deadline is tomorrow at 4 PM EST.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

Queen of Spades was the original werewolf who became alpha after twietee's death.

It is now NIGHT. Deadline is tomorrow at 4 PM EST.

Looks like they used the infection since the game isn't over. Now the question is did both of them use it before they died, or is there just one wolf? I'm thinking Jav is a likely suspect for an infected wolf since he was cleared by Rodimus, that or Rodimus himself could have been infected.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
And I'm thinking if QOS is a wolf, but when she is dead the game isn't over then Jav is a prime target for having been infected since the wolves know that he's been scanned and cleared. But hopefully they didn't use any infections.

You'd be incorrect. If anything Rodimus should be put to the test. As per not voting, well, the bygones of the MMXII year had me in two places: local friends house filled with so much booze it was not even funny and bed after such ordeal. Not the usually hangover, just lazy and wanting to waste the day asleep.

That aside, I did not see QoS as a viable target, in fact, I saw her as a waste of vote, color me surprised. That said, I do consider my ex-Consigleri as a time suspect though. No, this time I'm not stabbing her from behind. As history doesn't tend to repeat itself over twice.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
You'd be incorrect. If anything Rodimus should be put to the test. As per not voting, well, the bygones of the MMXII year had me in two places: local friends house filled with so much booze it was not even funny and bed after such ordeal. Not the usually hangover, just lazy and wanting to waste the day asleep.

That aside, I did not see QoS as a viable target, in fact, I saw her as a waste of vote, color me surprised. That said, I do consider my ex-Consigleri as a time suspect though. No, this time I'm not stabbing her from behind. As history doesn't tend to repeat itself over twice.

No, not twice, jav, but actually, thrice should you do so now......anyway, my advice, for what it is worth, is that you should look elsewhere for now.

Great to see two WWs caught in such swift succession. Rodimus has played a superb role so far but that makes him a prime candidate for infection or killing, given that he cannot be protected every night in succession. As he clearly was protected the night before this, rules suggest that he cannot be protected tonight. However, should he survive the night, it might not be a bad idea to consider protecting him on another night - while hoping that he has not been infected. Then again, while we can assume that the hunter still lives (as Rodimus was protected 'last night') we also know that an infection was not attempted on the Hunter, otherwise a WW would have died dramatically in the attempt.

Jav having been cleared early means just that; he was cleared then, but may not necessarily remain cleared. The rest of us remain as suspicious as we all were at the start; we are not counted among the original WWs, but any of us could have been infected before they were successfully identified.

This begs another question. Is there one infection in play, or two?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
This begs another question. Is there one infection in play, or two?

In theory there could be 3 if each of our previous alphas used it before they died, and the new one has as well. I was thinking about this, and how exactly are the villagers supposed to win? It seems like all the alpha would have to do is immediately infect another villager upon becoming alpha and we would sit at a constant number of 3 wolves unless we were lucky enough to get the non alpha wolves first...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
In theory there could be 3 if each of our previous alphas used it before they died, and the new one has as well. I was thinking about this, and how exactly are the villagers supposed to win? It seems like all the alpha would have to do is immediately infect another villager upon becoming alpha and we would sit at a constant number of 3 wolves unless we were lucky enough to get the non alpha wolves first...

Re-reading the rules, I get the sense that each of the original two WWs were allowed to be Alpha in turn, which meant that each was allowed one infection (or one attempt at infection) before they were rumbled or died. Nothing is said anywhere about the infected WW have the power to infect further, but, perhaps, the GG can clear this up for us. They already have the ability to kill at night - although we know that one attempt at killing already failed, or was thwarted.

The rules do not make clear whether either the Seer or the Hunter has a one time immunity from infection; as a WW dies if they try to kill a Hunter, one has to assume that while the Hunter has a protection, the Seer does not.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
From what I understand, even the infected has the potential to become Alpha. However, the cycle gets broken if the wolves are unlucky enough to try and infect the Hunter. In which case it backfires and they die.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
From what I understand, even the infected has the potential to become Alpha. However, the cycle gets broken if the wolves are unlucky enough to try and infect the Hunter. In which case it backfires and they die.

I think if each wolve can infect, and become the alpha, its way to easy for the wolves to win. Perhaps this game is the perfect storm as the Alphas went down in order.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Is anyone voting (deadline is 4pm EST) ? I'll go with SS since I think QoS might pick her for an infection.

Whoa, whoa, steady on with those rearing and frothing steeds, my old friend. A little precipitate, there, aren't we? Besides, I think night - and nocturnal activities - have to take place first, before anyday daylight lynchings are set in motion. Methinks I hear the creaking wheels of a band-wagon being set in motion......indeed, I'm also struck by how rapidly jav and yourself are flying out of the starting blocks on this one.

In any case, there is no reason to infect me; indeed, thus far, I'm not infected........not yet, anyway.

ps: Re-reading - again - the rules, I have the sense that each and every wolf in turn - including the infected, and in descending order of infection - can become the alpha, and thus happily infect. Hmmm. If they both (twietee and Queen of Spades) infected before they were caught then, for now, it seems we may have two horrors to deal with.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I think if each wolve can infect, and become the alpha, its way to easy for the wolves to win. Perhaps this game is the perfect storm as the Alphas went down in order.

yeah honestly that has me worried because it gives the wolves just a little to much power. Now I would not have a problem if the wolves max out at 2 infections. But unlimited can make it tricky. Even more so if they infect when they know they are screwed. As for example twitt infect someone before he died then QoS as soon as she was outted and so on. Then again they might of had an infection fail as well.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
night3.jpg

Rodimus Prime dead. It is now day. 7 remain + 4 is majority.

Deadline is 3:30 PM EST tomorrow.

Yes, the above is correct, there may be a maximum of 2 wolves left, one having inherited alpha status from QoS.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Rodimus Prime dead. It is now day. 8 remain + 5 is majority.

Yes, the above is correct, there may be a maximum of 2 wolves left, one having inherited alpha status from QoS.

Hmmm. We have lost our Seer, which is no real surprise, but is a grevious loss. Right guys and gals, compadres and colleagues. Two furries are still most likely at large - at least that is what I think we might be facing, and no matter how many we kill, we still face two of the horrors.

Jav was fast out of the blocks to accuse me; day 1, he didn't vote; day two he voted for twietee (which was a correct vote) and day three he failed to show a vote again. Yes, it was New Year's Day - but our late Seer managed a scan that day, temptation of alcohol notwithstanding.

So, for now, jav6454, whom I think may well have been infected some time after he voted for twietee. Twice, in earlier outings, some months back, for reasons of friendship, the bonds of affection and misplaced loyalty meant that when I was suspicious of jav I stayed my hand. Not any longer.

On a separate matter, I must confess to some doubts about Plutonius, but must deal with stronger doubts first.

Oh, and, please allow me to congratulate the GG on an excellent chronicle - one can almost smell the printer's ink and smell the fresh newsprint.........

Last edited:

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
And you'd be wrong again dearest and thus end up killing starter innocent bystander. I will going along with Plutonius this time around. He is hardest to read thus far and hasn't really given me much to doubt he is a over grown wolf.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And you'd be wrong again dearest and thus end up killing starter innocent bystander. I will going along with Plutonius this time around. He is hardest to read thus far and hasn't really given me much to doubt he is a over grown wolf.

Hmmm. Both Plutonius and yourself strike me as a bit suspicious at this stage, though, obviously, neither of you started this game as anything other than innocent villagers/woodsmen. To be honest, I'm unsure whether one or two infections are in play.

For the record, Plutonius has voted for Queen of Spades on Day 1, for your good self, jav6454, on Day 2, and registered a vote again, quite late, for Queen of Spades (the eighth vote out of eight) on Day 3.

And that remark in the chronicle about Rodimus having been 'eaten'. Come on, guys and gals; surely it is enough to kill someone without ghoulishly attempting to devour their remains as well?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

So then wouldn't there be a maximum of 3? One being infected by twietee and one infected by Queen of Spades, and then if the current alpha used his infection, unless you're telling us that twietee didn't infect.

Personally I'm suspicious of both Jav and Plutonius as having been infected. I'm going to vote for Plutonius since I think Jav is likely to have been infected first and if possible I'd like to avoid killing another alpha and giving the next one a chance to infect again, hopefully we can take out the non alpha wolf and then the alpha.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I guess Pluto is an easy choice - based on some uncharacteristic posts --voting before the night was over for one, and just plain old voting early- he normally sits back and waits for ties ;) --- seems too obvious, though for QOS to infect him though based on their early votes for each other.

I'd like to hear what he has to say...

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
You are all missing some important evidence.

Look at the day 1 voting. Twietee was going down until SS switched her vote at the last minute and saved him. Twietee had to know he was going down and the only sure way of saving himself was to infect one of the people who voted for him. SS is a WW.

Note: I do a great job as WW bait. At least 1 of the people who voted for me is a WW. I think Jav is probably a lower priority since he voted for me first.

I guess Pluto is an easy choice - based on some uncharacteristic posts --voting before the night was over for one, and just plain old voting early- he normally sits back and waits for ties ;) --- seems too obvious, though for QOS to infect him though based on their early votes for each other.

I'd like to hear what he has to say...

Thanks for letting me get something in before the majority vote is reached :D.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
You are all missing some important evidence.

Look at the day 1 voting. Twietee was going down until SS switched her vote at the last minute and saved him. Twietee had to know he was going down and the only sure way of saving himself was to infect one of the people who voted for him. SS is a WW.

Note: I do a great job as WW bait. At least 1 of the people who voted for me is a WW. I think Jav is probably a lower priority since he voted for me first.

Thanks for letting me get something in before the majority vote is reached :D.

I'm not completely convinced that you are innocent, I don't want to get a majority lock on Plutonius in case he isn't actually guilty, so I'm going to switch to a no vote while I think it over. I think you have a good point about SS, but your theory would make SS the alpha which I'm not sure killing the alpha is the best idea because it then puts another possible infection from the new alpha in play. I'm still suspicious of Jav as well in case there was another infection and we have two wolves right now. I somewhat think there are, and it could be SS and Jav. SS opened the voting for Jav, and if we all had jumped on that then killing a wolf and her starting that vote would make us think she was less likely to be a candidate for infection. And I could see Jav voting for an innocent person with the plan of if we all jump on that person then they use the infection at the last minute to make a third wolf and we would think Jav was still clean since he started the voting...

I'll think about it for a bit and then come back and vote for one or the other.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
After spending about half an hour rereading the thread and thinking I'm pretty sure the current two wolves are SS and Jav.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.