Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hubson83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Hello,

My new 27" iMac have damaged hard drive and need to be replaced. Apple Online Store prepare new order for me and now it's processing. Maybe You know how long i need to wait for new one? Apple Online Store says me that production have priority status for replaced units. Is that true?

I wait one month for first one and i don't want to wait next 4 weeks...

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Hello,

My new 27" iMac have damaged hard drive and need to be replaced. Apple Online Store prepare new order for me and now it's processing. Maybe You know how long i need to wait for new one? Apple Online Store says me that production have priority status for replaced units. Is that true?

I wait one month for first one and i don't want to wait next 4 weeks...

they put you in top of the list when they do replacement i got a faulty replacement this past tuesday it took 2 weeks for me to get a faulty replacement, so with that said i wish you the best of luck (not sarcastically). Im really kinda upset, apple is suppose to be premium quality stuff instead were getting the crappiest quality stuff, im extremely fed up with this.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Call customer service and if necessary request a call back from a supervisor. they can help.

burninggarlic

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Mine fusion drive 27" dead on 27th. I contacted apple the same day for a replacement.
I got a mail 31st says the new one will be shipped within 3-5 business days.

Attachments

• QQ20130102-13.png
    QQ20130102-13.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 74

Hubson83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Mine fusion drive 27" dead on 27th. I contacted apple the same day for a replacement.
I got a mail 31st says the new one will be shipped within 3-5 business days.
Yeah, today i receive the same mail from Apple Online Store. They give 3-5 business days for send new machine. Really cool! Today TNT take a bad one.

My hard drive working very slow, at some point the drive has hang out and lost 500GB from 1TB. I try everything with format, recovery HD etc but nothing help. The drive is physically damaged.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Yeah, today i receive the same mail from Apple Online Store. They give 3-5 business days for send new machine. Really cool! Today TNT take a bad one.

My hard drive working very slow, at some point the drive has hang out and lost 500GB from 1TB. I try everything with format, recovery HD etc but nothing help. The drive is physically damaged.

wtf is going on with apple and them shipping out so many problematic machines.

burninggarlic

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012

Mine doesn't boot at all. Starts with the bright gray screen then powers off automatically.

However, I can start it up while holding the C key to start from the disc.The disk utility still can recognize 1.1TB, but not able to verify and repair the disk.

Seagate, the original sin.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
That's what generally happens when a new line is released.

no excuse. when we paid we didnt pay with half valuable money if you catch my drift. They had time to figure it out and they should test the machines before they go out. this is ridic

burninggarlic

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
That's what generally happens when a new line is released.

The problem is, most queries are from the screen and HDD (not the ssd part) for the present.

The actual screen is not enhanced that much. Apple just made the cover glass less reflective then glue it with the screen to reduce the thickness. The backlight bleeding is not supposed to happen since the LED screen is actually the same one as the last gen iMac's.

The HDD failure is even more ridiculous. I do not think Seagate has developed a new HDD for this new iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.