Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CupertinoRat

macrumors member
May 27, 2011
Is this a joke? "Don't worry that a feature is broken. It will fix itself in a few days". The two tennis chicks are gonna be awfully mad when they can't take a call after their ping pong game ends.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
What the hecks the point in implementing delta update support if you aren't going to use it :rolleyes:

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
So true. I'm not usually one to cry "unacceptable" but this truly is. "Don't use it for a week and it will resolve itself" is just a crap answer for a third rate company, not acceptable for the "it just works" company.

The bug is so bad, that even the act of adjusting the on time for the feature turns it on instantly.

So, what else isn't working that Apple knows about and doesn't give a damn about? Privacy features? Security features?

They are basically telling millions of customers that they don't give a damn.

Google or Samsung need an add making fun on this one...

It would take at least two weeks to fix, prepare and release a new iOS version to solve this bug. So what do they do? They tell us that it will fix itself in just in five days - they can't even release a new version of iOS before January 7th.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Christ, can't they just fix the dam BUG in a mini update?

They probably figured out that the best they can is fix it by Monday, i.e. not enough time.

I can't believe people have their panties in a twist over such a non issue.

Since when can we go through life undisturbed?

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
moaning about a software bug that is taking a whole 7 days to fix? not bad if you ask me especially for a non critical bug.

I think people are concerned that the fix will not take 7 days but that the official response is that it will sort itself out eventually.

Kinda like those lame tech support people who just say reboot your device when they can't figure out what's wrong with it.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
So true. I'm not usually one to cry "unacceptable" but this truly is. "Don't use it for a week and it will resolve itself" is just a crap answer for a third rate company, not acceptable for the "it just works" company.

The bug is so bad, that even the act of adjusting the on time for the feature turns it on instantly.

So, what else isn't working that Apple knows about and doesn't give a damn about? Privacy features? Security features?

They are basically telling millions of customers that they don't give a damn.

Google or Samsung need an add making fun on this one...

I guessing they can't get a patch built, tested, and deployed before it will fix itself, so they are letting people know.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
What the hecks the point in implementing delta update support if you aren't going to use it :rolleyes:

It takes a lot to get a fix even a small one out in a few days. And while this looks to be an easy fix, we don't have access to the code, so we have no idea how easy it is to fix or what fixing it will break.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Are people really this upset about this? How did you all cope before DND even existed just last year?

It is a bug that no one found until the date changed to 1/1/13. They could come up with a patch and fix the issue...but by the time they release and the majority of people update it will have resolved itself.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
They probably figured out that the best they can is fix it by Monday, i.e. not enough time.

I can't believe people have their panties in a twist over such a non issue.

Since when can we go through life undisturbed?

And while it is pain, and Apple really need to fire their programers that to date/time programming, it took me all of two seconds to turn it off manually.

----------

Solution: Just don't use some features of your $300 phone for a couple of days :eek:

I like to see you roll out a patch faster in a major company...

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
So what happens next year?

And what about other issues? Should we turn our phone off for several days?

Unacceptable Apple!

They'll patch it in the next release soon enough. At this point they wouldn't have time to patch it and test the release in time before the 7th so there is no point.

And what other issues are you speaking of? Seems you're just making an assumption that there are any other problems. I'd also bet you don't even use the Do Not Disturb feature but you just like getting all up in arms over things.

Morshu9001

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
the capital of Assyria
This is the third time Apple has had issues with its clocks. The first two times were that time when alarms didn't work for some reason and the Swiss clock ripoff scandal.

I've also noticed another bug. If you disable the option that makes the camera keep the normal photo in addition to the HDR one when HDR is enabled BEFORE you ever enable HDR in the camera app, then you go to the camera app and turn on HDR, it tells you that it is going to keep a copy of the regular photo and points you to the settings to disable it if you wish. Of course, that is incorrect.

AppleMad98004

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2011
Cylde Hill, WA
Huh?

So the wealthiest company on earth can't get a simple program working right and they say "deal with it".....Kind of surprised

Now I have to take a bunch of crap from my Android friends....lol

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
I'm running the beta of IOS 6.1 and this bug showed up this morning.

So I'm guessing a new GM and release of IOS 6.1 comes out on or before Jan. 7th.

6.1 won't be out by then. The bug just resolves itself at that point. They'll patch it in the next release but there isn't enough time to patch and test before it resolves itself so why bother.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
So the wealthiest company on earth can't get a simple program working right and they say "deal with it".....Kind of surprised

Now I have to take a bunch of crap from my Android friends....lol

Just point out that at least Apple's calendar has 12 months, not 11 like the Android calendar did. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.