Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Often when I fill in my email address for a web form I use the keyboard shortcut 'eml' that I have set up on my iPad to input my email address. However after typing 'eml' and seeing my email address suggestion appear, I have to press the space bar for iOS to take my suggestion and input it, and then hit the delete key to remove the space which I don't want.

Is there any way to get the autocorrect feature to be selected without having to add another character and then deleting it? :confused:

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Sometimes there is a Next button above the keyboard if it's a form with a password field after the Email field. Hitting next will input the suggestion- but sometimes there is no Next button.

In that case, I've just been hitting space also. If there is a better way I'd like to know too.

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
Not that I'm aware of--I do the same thing. Hopefully someone can fill us in if there is a better way to do it.

jkauff

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
Apple should get rid of the automatic space. I often have to backspace over it when I want to add an "s" to the Autocorrect word. If the reason for having it is the possibility of accidentally triggering the double-space period, they should just introduce an extra millisecond or two delay to the space bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.