Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dani287

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Hello
I have a Mac Book Pro with iOS 10.7.5 and a Sony Videocamera HDR XR550. I'd like to transfer all the videos from the camera to my MacBook. I prefer to do it with Thunderbolt. I do not wish to depend on iVideo. I'd like to have the videos as video files on the computer, e.g. some place in a folder in the finder.

I have several problems until now to do so. Is there someone who can give me an instruction or who can tell me where I can get such instruction?

Many thanks.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Hello
I have a Mac Book Pro with iOS 10.7.5
Just a small correction, it is called OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, iOS is the operating system (OS) for iPhones and iPads and Apple TV and iPod touch.

and a Sony Videocamera HDR XR550. I'd like to transfer all the videos from the camera to my MacBook. I prefer to do it with Thunderbolt.
I'd like to have the videos as video files on the computer, e.g. some place in a folder in the finder.
Your camera has a USB port, which you can use to import footage into iMovie.
Or you can just copy the contents of the SD card (either in an SD card reader or in the camera) to a folder on any HDD of your choice, but make sure to copy the complete card.
For instance, if you shot a mugging or so, you copy the entire card to a folder called "date (your preference if ddmmyy or mmddyy or whatever) mugging location", thus it is easier to import into iMovie or another video editing application.

I do not wish to depend on iVideo.
iVideo? Do you mean Firewire 800?
2012_01_02_pA1_Firewire_Ports.png

I have several problems until now to do so. Is there someone who can give me an instruction or who can tell me where I can get such instruction?

Many thanks.
What exact problems?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.