Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvoGoon

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
UPDATE: Bluetooth Pairing Issue

I have fixed my bluetooth pairing issue. It appears to have been caused by using a previous iOS 5.1.1 backup I had created off my iPhone 4S running on that OS version. Setting up the iPhone 5 using anything other than an iOS 6 backup file appears to be the issue.

I restored my iPhone 5 back to factory settings, via iTunes, and selected "Set up as New Phone" (instead of "Set up from Back up file") and everything works fine now. BTW, my Wi-Fi connections had stopped working as well but those are now restored too.

NOTE:
If you do decided to restore using the "Set up as New Phone" option you will have to transfer any non-cloud-based data over manually to the new phone yourself.

I hope this helps everyone.

jamgolf69

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
pairing iphone5 issues

I am having the same issues with my new iPhone 5 pairing with my Chevy Malibu 2009, worked great with iPhone 4. I have deleted all other phones and still will not link. Of course you can not get a straight answer from any one about why this will not work, except this phone is not listed on the compatible list with GM and Onstar.

Thoneill

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Pairing issues

I travel weekly and rent many vehicles. I own a BMW and the iPhone 5 paired immediately. Problem is I have not been able to pair to a single vehicle outside my own. It always responds "Make sure pairing is turn on". I have inspected all set up menus and cannot find a thing that would contribute to this problem. I am in a Chevy today and was in a Ford last week same problem...

----------

If you set up as new phone do you have to back up to iTunes first? When you do this back up is it coming from the cloud or iTunes?

rjantz

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Choppy audio on calls

Common theme here seems to be iPhone 5, bluetooth, and car audio systems...I fit that description. I have a Verizon iPhone 5, a Camry 2012 Hybrid XLE. The music seems to work just fine but phone calls made with this experience both sending and receiving audio being choppy. This did not happen with my iPhone 4S with or with iOS 6.

I have had no issue with pairing, staying paired, or resuming the connection when turning on the car. I was hoping the iOS 6.01 update would resolve this but it has not.

Thank you,
Randy

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
I'm having a weird Bluetooth problem myself. I have a 2012 GMC Acadia and an iPhone 5. It pairs quickly and automatically when I start the car, but about 50% of the time when I make or receive a call the iPhone will switch the call from the Acadia handsfree to the iPhone itself. I then have to to manually switch back to handsfree, and then it stays connected for the rest of the call.

I have already deleted any old phones and re-paired the iPhone, but no change.

Any thoughts?

b06tmm

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2009
South Louisiana
I have fixed my bluetooth pairing issue. It appears to have been caused by using a previous iOS 5.1.1 backup I had created off my iPhone 4S running on that OS version. Setting up the iPhone 5 using anything other than an iOS 6 backup file appears to be the issue.

I restored my iPhone 5 back to factory settings, via iTunes, and selected "Set up as New Phone" (instead of "Set up from Back up file") and everything works fine now. BTW, my Wi-Fi connections had stopped working as well but those are now restored too.

NOTE:
If you do decided to restore using the "Set up as New Phone" option you will have to transfer any non-cloud-based data over manually to the new phone yourself.

I hope this helps everyone.

Will have to try this. I have a 2012 Prius and if I reset my phone as new it will work, but after I update it it will not.

RobertA3953

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Bluettoth Pairing with IPhone 5

I have the same issue with a 2012 BMW X5. Phone, contact list sync but not emails and text messages. It worked flawlessly with a Blackberry Bold but not with an IP5. How can this be? I was told by the dealer this is not "BMW's problem" which is very slack, but he also said that they have the same issue with Andriod phones. There must be millions of pissed off car owners.

rmb1706

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Found solution for mine

I also had the Bluetooth set to discoverable but the iPhone 5 (upgraded from 4s) could not generate a list of devices in my Holden Cruze2. I reconnected the 4s, used the "Forget this device" setting (not sure if either of these was necessary) went into the car's Bluetooth settings (via Config-Phone) and deleted the 4s. The 5 was actually there as a device, but it had the same name as the 4s, so this was probably the cause of the issue. Was then easy to pair the 5 and now all works fine.

CarlWain74

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
I too am having trouble pairing my iPhone5 (OS 6.1.2) with my Audi A3 (2007). My iPhone4 (6.0.1) pairs up nicely, no problem. As did my old BB Bold. My new BB Torch (9800) also fails to pair...

Something either too smart or not smart enough with these new smartphones...

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
No problems with the cars I've tested it with; Toyota Yaris -12, Toyota Verso S City -12, Toyota Verso -09 and mainly two Toyota Avensis -12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.