Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
I'm not sure if this is possible, but I would like to boot my MBA from a USB stick with windows on it, I don't want to create a partition for windows, just boot and run of the USB.

The reason for this is that I have one program that will not run on a Mac OS. I only use this program once every 3 or 4 months.

Is this possible? And if so can you give me a few pointers in the right direction.

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
Not a problem!

Out of curiosity, which method are you going with?

I'll try the latter method first with VirtualBox.

One question [it may be obvious] but I assume the USB port not being used for W7 can be used to connect a dongle whilst in this OS environment?

Thanks for the advice.:)

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
Just an update, I found a bit of software from codeweavers and installed and hey presto my Windows VCDS software runs on my mac without installing windows!

Happy Days. :D

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
Just an update, I found a bit of software from codeweavers and installed and hey presto my Windows VCDS software runs on my mac without installing windows!

Happy Days. :D

Crossover totally slipped my mind! Yeah, for a piece of software that you don't use all the time, that may be a better solution. Glad it worked out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.